Sign in to follow this  
gipster

Wheel Horse w/ 3 pt hitch

gipster

I would like to be able to use some 3 pt hitch attachments. What would be the best Horse for the job? I would like to use the other attachments I currently have, but it's not absolutely necessary. I currently have a C175 with a couple of decks.

thanks

Jim

stevebo

The C175 will work fine.

coverrrshot.jpg

gipster

Where do I get the hitch?

SousaKerry

Gotta build it yourself unfortunately wheel horse never offered one for these tractors. C-195 had them so did gt-14 and the d series had them. There are several threads on here on how to build one but you need some good fab skills and a shop to do it.

Kelly

I think Steve sells them to fit the C's, 300, 400 and 500, but I think only the hydros, check with him, the guy that posted the pic of the 520 with one.

stevebo

As Kelly said I do have one I posted in the picture above. I tried to sell them but the lack of interest in the hitches made me decide not to make any more. My point in posting the picture is to show you that it can be done and I am sure the C175 is more than strong enough to lift any category 0 tool.

bowtieguy

Why not buy a GT-14 w/factory 3 pt system?...of course you will want one for every attachment...lets see..tiller,snow blade, mower,plow, snow thrower....got the idea?

kpinnc

Several of us have built our own 3-points, so it isn't that difficult. Just depends on what you want for your particular application. The hydraulics on most any Wheel Horse produce about 700PSI +/- 100, so it can lift pretty much any Cat 0 implement made.

But, as has already been said- It is sometimes more fun to add a whole new tractor for all your attachments. No better excuse out there to grow the herd a bit...

meadowfield

Why not buy a GT-14 w/factory 3 pt system?...of course you will want one for every attachment...lets see..tiller,snow blade, mower,plow, snow thrower....got the idea?

I'd second that - a factory build 3 point is well worth the excuse to buy another horse !

gipster

Thanks to all for the advice. My 175 is not a hydro. So, is the consensus to get a gt-14 or should I go with a d- series?

Thanks

Jim

Kelly

They are a little harder to find but I like my C-195's they came with 3 points, but like the other tractors not all of them did.

gomer gump

made my own 3-point cat 0 on my 520-h works like a dream got my ideas from steve bo,s pictures got to fab in up the pieces took about a week getting the right throw in the arms was alot of fun but works great when you get the kinks out that single hyd cyl on the 520 h is stronger than you,d think the d series tractors got a great 3 pt system an pto but that,s got to be a relic c 195, an gt 14 s are nice but have their own separete attachments 520,s will handle it all if you set it up right plus parts still available through toro an ebay an they steer great

• Like 1

baerpath

I have a 3pt on a 516, used an electric over hyd system from a snowplow along with parts of a three pt from a GT14

Duane

516003.jpg