Sign in to follow this  
Foozerush

Rolling the yard question

Foozerush

Hey all.... A co-worker has asked me to roll her lawn for her.... Is there some pointers on the correct way to roll it? I'm not trying to sound dumb, but last time I rolled the lawn was 30 some years ago with my father telling me where to go.... Her lawn is near perfect, but she claims it's bumpy.... Should I have her turn her sprinkler on day before to soften the ground first? Any tips would be appreciated!! Can't wait to get some seat time on my 416-8!!

6wheeler

I've rolled around my yard plenty of times :beer: :beer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :laughing-rolling::ychain: .I would have her wet it very well the day before. Or do it after it rains.Then wait awhile so it isn't muddy. Then happy rolling.

Jim_M

To add to the above, drive as slow as you can stand to drive. If you roll too fast you're just wasting your time and gas.

Foozerush

Thanks for the reply gentlemen. Figured the ground wet might help with the rolling. After I was finished mowing tonight I played around with comparing speed on low/high fast throttle and near idle on the 416, figure finding a decent slow speed will not be hard to find... Thanks again.... Fooze

IthacaJeff

What size roller are you using -- that is, amount of weight? Anybody want to chime

in on the minimum effective weight?

Jeff

6wheeler

I think mine full of water is around 300 Lbs. Squishes the mole highways well after rain.