Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

Commando 800

CHARGER9AUTO

I have a problem with my Commando 800 the V-belt makes noise when I release the Clutch / Break pedal . the drive motor pulley is tight same as the rear pulley on the transmission I think the drive belt is worn out from years of service to mow lawns . Ben.... B)

TT

It could be the belt, Ben. Have you checked the "V" idler pulley on the tensioner?

Make sure the cast arm on the left side of the tensioner cross shaft is tight and that the roll pin is good too. It might also be a good time to replace the clutch spring while you're there. B)

CHARGER9AUTO

Terry, I had the Belt Guard off yesterday it looked fine the rear idler pulley I'd tryed another heavy clutch Spring off a C-series parts tractor for the Commando it worked but did not stop the slapping of the drive Belt later on when it's not too hot out I will check everything out and keep everyone updated . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Terry, I found another Break / Clutch Spring off a '71 Work Horse 800 parts tractor to use for my Commando 800 I'm positive it's fixed the V - Belt makes noise anymore . Ben :horseplay: