Snowmobileaddict

Got My Dump-From-The-Seat Bagger For 5Xi

Snowmobileaddict

Just picked this up for my 522xi. Its called a "Quiet Collector" and was available for the 5xi and the 260 series in a bit smaller capacity (I think 11Cu Ft for the 260's).

This was on the back of a New Holland GT22A (5xi Clone) in Iowa, and the dealer separated it from his tractor and sold it to me. These are pretty hard to find as I think they didn't sell many of them. I get the feeling toro wanted an arm and a leg.

Its going to be great to use in the fall. We have a lot of trees. It holds 14 cubic feet and is driven off of the right hand deck spindle.

7sAR7w_7U78XkYkNIezOLHsLjLAv6IZozN18cpdO

4YEjr-FNmNPrlyGYk09me-nUa0AEBj3YHi9octwB

KeNZmHMHtF6B0fLVA0zwHVE0Ic2LvYc_EBNEmqVj

ZQqJJRxapR2i4ID3BC1usk_lHTrQDQQqWcBmbb8s

t_A7QV03jqBq0Ocbym1BwXay1hKvu-8aLO4EI7of

Edited by Snowmobileaddict
  • Like 2

CRE1992

Nice tractor! and bagger! :happy-jumpeveryone:

I want one!

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Nice Big bagger!! Maybe when it's full you can do wheelies.

AMC RULES

That's a serious bagger, can we see a close up ot the belt drive set up?

:WRS:

bk-scouter

Pretty sweet looking. Love to see how it opens up from the seat.

-BK

Snowmobileaddict

Toro adapted this style bagger for use on their commercial Z mowers as well. The lever that you see on the right side of my tractor (when seated) pivots up high and locks into place then you pull down and the clamshell box opens to dump the material. Here is a link to how it works on the Z mower adaptation. Mine works the same except the dump lever is linked up without cables, its a rigid setup on mine:

http://www.toro.com/...r/dumpvacv9.pdf

Below are some photos from the manual on how power is routed to the vac impeller shaft via the mower deck spindle. If you want to learn more just go to this link: https://lookup3.toro...est/request.cfm and enter the following model numbers and serials:

Bagger

Model: 79451

Serial: 230000001

Drive Kit

Model: 79452

W1s_FIbXGiUZihTblL_vUQBpkzBn1XxZgpK0AeE5

kKcY5ZLLu2EJWcxRpzx2FC_2n6Qig5UWoTYJ6n3G

1FHTMPZwPVXONGD3d5-zp8gLwVW-00aMOTFNPNtH

parsomc

Nice collector. Iv'e been trying to find the same one for my GT20.

Tankman

Excellent purchase! Must be nice in fall!

I use my backpack blower but, mowin' the lawn. Clean! :)

shallowwatersailor

Nice setup! Looks like my garage with the Ariens there too, except no room for sleds for sno-catting. :banana-skier:

Don1977

You will need a weight bracket and some weights on the front if you use that for grass.

• Like 1

Snowmobileaddict

You will need a weight bracket and some weights on the front if you use that for grass.

No weights are needed. 

I've logged quite a few hours with this setup, fully loaded with clippings and shredded leaves+grass.

These collector attachments are phenomenal.  If you happen across one for sale jump on it!

RMCIII

I almost bought one a few months back. The guy was asking $500.00 for it. I probably passed up a good deal.

Snowmobileaddict

I almost bought one a few months back. The guy was asking $500.00 for it. I probably passed up a good deal.

That is a good deal!

I drove a couple hundred miles to snag mine for $600

Shuboxlover

That's a fantastic looking machine!!!!!!!  How big of deck is that???

I might consider getting rid of my JD 430 if i could find a unit as nice as that!!!

RMCIII

Toro adapted this style bagger for use on their commercial Z mowers as well. The lever that you see on the right side of my tractor (when seated) pivots up high and locks into place then you pull down and the clamshell box opens to dump the material. Here is a link to how it works on the Z mower adaptation. Mine works the same except the dump lever is linked up without cables, its a rigid setup on mine:

http://www.toro.com/...r/dumpvacv9.pdf

Below are some photos from the manual on how power is routed to the vac impeller shaft via the mower deck spindle. If you want to learn more just go to this link: https://lookup3.toro...est/request.cfm and enter the following model numbers and serials:

Bagger

Model: 79451

Drive Kit

Model: 79452

deck.jpg

spindle.jpg

beltview.jpg

dumpfromseat.jpg

I think something is wrong here. Seems to me, this would require tools..... That seems to be opposite of the "No Tools Required" stamped right on the Attach-A-Matic. :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rolling: !!!! How long did it take to install the additional idler pulley and double pulley at the axel?

timo4352

Very nice. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

JackC

Your 522xi with that "Quiet Collector" looks impressive.

Snowmobileaddict

The collection system comes with a "subframe" that fastens the rear of the frame and tranny.  That stays in place all the time.  Then you have the double idler that u-bolts to the left rear axle (it stays on all the time as well.)

Lastly, there a double-decker spindle pulley that takes the place of the single decker pulley closest to the deflector chute and another spring loaded idler for belt tension.  All of this stays on the tractor all the time.  When it is time to attach the collector bin, you just roll it to the back of the tractor and it mates up the rear subframe.  Its super easy to mount and dismount.

I probably had about an hour of setup time in installing the double idlers and the double decker drive pulley and the rest of the stuff that stays on the tractor all the time. 

I've owned a 42" single stage snow thrower for this tractor, and I think the collector system is easier to setup and install.

Here are the manuals for the collection system and drive kit that runs it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76201171/collector%20manual.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76201171/drive%20kit.pdf

Snowmobileaddict

here is a photo of the rear subframe that comes with the collector.  It facilitates a quick, tooless attachment.

DutF-Z0zGu3CFkPf60pSkfIPbSzKnav-N9YOzKJA

Snowmobileaddict
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2013 at 9:51 PM, Shuboxlover said:

That's a fantastic looking machine!!!!!!!  How big of deck is that???

I might consider getting rid of my JD 430 if i could find a unit as nice as that!!!

Its a 52" deck.  They also came with the 60"

A-KazfAMNeqn0HeDG7nHl2Tv2GNMXHmLtjRFLKEL

8DtCsCAyaiJEkWzbbrZQRaxqMLT2TJYLWYJFUbDZ

scifi4all

That is one nice setup. Makes my 314H grass blower, hooked to the deck, look like a simple bagger. I still have to get off the tractor and unload the clippings myself. Also, you'll never have to buy new bags. Shiny