Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

Does something look wrong here?

combatmp29r

I just saw this on epay, and something don't look right to me. I know what I think it is, but whats your opinions?

DMESS

Looks pretty B) but it sure doesn't look like anything I've ever seen under ANY garden tractor! Let's see, it's got to be shaft driven and of course the carrier/ring/pinion/axles are all missing......looks like something more suited to an ATV or one of those fancy golf carts....mini dragster?

No real good idea here Joel. :whistle:

rustbucket

deffinatly a tractor part that i know of.

rustbucket

the rear end you are selling as wheel horse /toro dosnt even beling under a lawn or guarden tractor it looks more like something out of a ATV the rear ends in wheel horses are transaxles because the transmission is intagrated into them that belongs on something with a seperate tranny.

thats what i sent him in e mail.

combatmp29r

Jason I'm bettin even bigger than that. It has leaf spring mounting pads on the axle tubes and what look like track bar mounts on the opposite side of the tubes. I had to go look at the size of a milk crate in the garage to put this in perspective, but it looks like a custom ford 9" rear end housing to me. Looks alot like the currie enterprises one I had in my Drag car years back. Just my thought though with out measurements who knows for sure.

Jim_M

I'm pretty sure it's a narrowed Ford 8.8, the replacement for the good old bullet proof 9".

combatmp29r

I'll buy that explanation too Jim. Without measurements I can't say for sure either way. At the current price though it will be a steal for someone. If memories serves I had a few hundered in my housing.

TT

You guys need to remember that Toro had/has some weird commercial stuff too. They have been around for a long time and have equipment some of us have never seen or even heard of. B)

A simple running of the part number shows that rear axle housing was used in the ProLine/Groundmaster machines. All bets are off. (Jason, you might want to send another e-mail to the seller. :whistle: )

proline.jpg

combatmp29r

Well I'll be. B) Boy do I feel sheepish. Not as sheepish as the other post though B) Thanks Hawkeye. Hmmm now what could you build with that B) :whistle:

DMESS

And at over $600 B) it really is a bargain for sombody!

Curmudgeon

I wondered about that TT, but didn't know where to look.

Once again, you are DE MAN!

TT

B) Wonder if one of those rears would be heavy enough for in my next.....

Oops.... never mind. :whistle:

Rideawaysenior

TT,

Good call. I have an old Toro grounds cart that has a similar rear axle. Toro also used axle housings like that on their grounds master commercial mowers. I'll bet if that is a Toro part number he has listed it will come back to a machine sililar. Toro also made a Park Master which no joke was the weirdest looking thing I have ever seen in my life. It is on a truck frame, has a 4 cyl liquit cooled engine, and several hydraulic arms that held gang mowers. If I find a picture, I'll post it. That too had an antomotive style rear end.

rustbucket

i sent my apolagies