Sign in to follow this  
The toymaker

must be missing something

The toymaker

I mounted my 42" sd deck under the 1077 and I think there must be a spring on the pto belt tensioner. maybe up to the frame or foot rest shaft. Could someone please help by taking a picture or two of that area. Thanks

autoxman

If you are using a period mower on your 1077 there are no springs used, just a bolt to tension the belt using a pully. Check this diagram:

52520011.gif

Check the bottom right part of the diagram and see if you have all of the parts shown.

Mark

Martin

Here's a pic of the setup on my 1277. If you need a close up I will get one tomorrow.

post-4321-133567454656_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin

heres some more close ups.......

that belt i near the end of its life......we will see how long it lasts...

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Clarkbug

Thanks for the pics Martin. So how do you wrangle that deck under the tractor? Whats the secret?

Martin

actually id do this deck any day over busting my gut getting the 36RD under the 875. man i literally hate doing that. at least the 42 SD goes under the long frame without much effort at all. just slide it under there sideways and hook it up. the wheels and 3 rollers really help.

compare the two, height clearance to the frame/hanger and especially clearance of the deck to the front wheels ......

post-4321-133567454656_thumb.jpg

CIMG0676.jpg

Clarkbug

The deck my brother has looks just like your 42", but its a 36 and has the height adjustment just in front of the rear wheel. Any idea what model # it might be?

And how do you work it under there without smashing it into all sorts of stuff or just using the full library of four letter words?