Wheel Horse Super Stock Pulling Tractor

gmalott24

And a couple more...

post-3834-0-88420800-1333772437_thumb.jp

post-3834-0-03003600-1333772472_thumb.jp

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

OH MY GOD...I think you've already won this season based on looks alone. :bow-blue:

Seriously...you're not really planning to get that thing dirty, RU? :)

• Like 2

bowtiebutler956

:scared-eek: :scared-eek: :bow-blue: :text-datsphatyo: :wicked: :text-coolphotos:

Matt :flags-texas:

Jim_M

Do you pull with NIP? I pull with IGTPA.

1maidenfan

Trying to get ready for the pulling season and thought I would post a couple pics.

:omg::wicked: :happy-smileygiantred:

chris11

very nice, what chassis did you use? Cub cadet 100?

gmalott24

It has a custom built chassis. The only part on the tractor that is cub is the rear end housing. The clutch is a VW and all the gears are aftermarket. Thanks for the nice comments. I enjoy the tractor.

• Like 1

gmalott24

A couple more. I run NIP when I have the time, but I didn't get out much last year. Hopefully I can hit more tracks this year.

post-3834-0-37518100-1333817494_thumb.jp

post-3834-0-78516200-1333817527_thumb.jp

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Jim_M

The IGTPA schedule should be coming out real soon. We normally have a pretty good turn out of super stocks. Maybe I'll run into you this year.

Keep an eye out for this one, it's mine.

3.jpg

• Like 4

Deere Hunter

Glad to see this puller is still around, looked it over the other year at Columbus. It's one sharp tractor!

• Like 1

gmalott24

Frustration should be the name of my tractor right now. I think I am battling a fuel pump that needs to be rebuilt. A little more time and I think I'll have him running well. I am also looking to update the rear-end as well. A 24-25-26-27 without a straight axle. The looked rear works well inside, but it makes it a handful on an uneven (varying traction) track!

gmalott24

Columbus is a great pull. The last time I ran there, we ran pretty well, but unfortunately I overloaded the front and never really got hooked up.

Zeek

You guys have some nice tractors there!

Cory Zuill

Wow! That's amazing...

Steve B.

Those are some gorgeous tractors. Any chance of some info on your engine mods? Without giving away any trade secrets fo course :naughty:

gmalott24

Jones J1 Block bored to 4.125" with a 3.75" Stroke. Mechanically fuel injected (Hilborn) on Alcohol (Methanol). Custom Aluminum Head. The engine gets about 2 runs on a quart of Methanol.

horsesaver98

sweet :eek: :eek: :eek::bow-blue: :ychain:

Jim_M

Frustration should be the name of my tractor right now. I think I am battling a fuel pump that needs to be rebuilt. A little more time and I think I'll have him running well. I am also looking to update the rear-end as well. A 24-25-26-27 without a straight axle. The looked rear works well inside, but it makes it a handful on an uneven (varying traction) track!

The name "Frustration" describes my first season pulling. I was pretty sure I could be competitive in the class I was running with a belt drive Wheel Horse, I was wrong. I built the Cub out of frustration. Oh well, at least it's Wheel Horse red. I was the points champion with our club in my class the first year I pulled with this tractor.

I run a Dodge Dart carrier and axles, it's held up well and is pretty easy to steer by shifting my weight. It's not locked ( our rules won't allow it) but it still digs two holes in the end of the track if I can pick the right gear.

gmalott24

Know of anyone wanting to get rid of a rear end?

Jim_M

Not right off hand but if I hear of one I'll send you a PM.

Our schedule is out, we're starting late this year, June 8th, but it's non stop after that. There are 6 pulls in June alone, 21 altogether and they usuall add a couple after the season starts. My diesel bill for the truck is going to be ugly this year.

Deere Hunter

The looked rear works well inside, but it makes it a handful on an uneven (varying traction) track!

here is why you dont want a locked rear...

http://youtu.be/zGUng5gbAgc

gmalott24

That's scary. Now you see why I want to build a new rear. I'd rather not take a ride like that.

Jon Steffen

so what u did to this is built your own frame and added a cub tranny

so what u did to this is built your own frame and added a cub tranny

so u got any drawing of this frame an how u built it

• Like 1

gmalott24

I don't have any drawings, but I can take some pics of any areas if you would like.