Wheel Crazy

Lowered Wheel Horse?

Wheel Crazy

Has anyone lowered a Wheel Horse? Include pictures of the lowered Wheel Horse!

Sparky

You cant lower the rear except by using smaller tires, but plenty of guys have flipped the front axle to get the front end down and give it a mean raked look.

Mike..........

wallfish

I lowered the back of one by cutting the frame, flipping the mount to the trans upside down and welding it back together.

The begining of the thread got hacked up from the forum hosting move but pg2 you can see the rear of the frame. This tractor now belongs to another member so I can't get any more pics.

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE JOHN'S RAT ROD NOW. I MADE SOME CHANGES AND CLOCKED IT AT 30.7 M.P.H. UP A LITTLE UP GRADE WITH G.P.S. I TRIED IT DOWN HILL AND I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN. 30 M.P.H. IS TOO FAST ON A WHEEL HORSE. JOHN DID A VERY GOOD JOB ON THE BUILD. I MAY BRING IT TO THE PA SHOW IN JUNE. RUSS

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Hope so...that's one classic :wh: custom I'd love to see in person. :teasing-poke:

jusjeepn

Yes

003-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

009-1.jpg

pic. to show height difference

001.jpg

006.jpg

Despite the raked look, the frame was level at 4" ground clearance. The raked look was achieved through major body reconstruction. Steering was a custom speed steer set up. 1/4 turn of the wheel each way lock to lock. Never got to actually drive it though. Sold to a member here.

AMC RULES

:text-datsphatyo: So, where is it now? :text-coolphotos:

darren

That C-120 looks frickin' awesome :)

SousaKerry

Lower heck I wanna raise one....hmmm mayber if I raise that wisconsin tractor I've been working on.....put the tranny in te bottom 2 holes and rework the sheetmetal to accept bigger tires hmmmm :eusa-think:

jusjeepn

Done that too!

019.jpg

This one is still here. It needs finish welded, a belt guard made and finish painted. Here is the hood!

0822101605.jpg

Yes, it's my wifes! This is all the paint work I've done since I started this project 3 years ago! The custom vinyl work was from our own Terry Dennis! Thanks Terry!

Wheel Crazy

Bump

Paul D.

Once you lower it you could put some spinner rims on it and maybe some hydraulics to get it bouncing

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

546cowboy

Did someone say raised? Got some of the rust off and some new paint. Still more to do though.

post-1334-0-98496300-1333964190_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Wheel Crazy

I lowered the back of one by cutting the frame, flipping the mount to the trans upside down and welding it back together.

The begining of the thread got hacked up from the forum hosting move but pg2 you can see the rear of the frame. This tractor now belongs to another member so I can't get any more pics.

So did you simply mount the trans upside down??

AMC RULES

Did someone say raised? Got some of the rust off and some new paint. Still more to do though.

:text-offtopic:

We need an video of that crazy thing in action, when you get a chance please. :thanks:

wallfish

So did you simply mount the trans upside down??

No, you can see the frame mod on pg 2 of that thread but I saw your other thread about using a B115. That's a completely different style of tractor.

koalassquad

How did you hook up the steering?

WHX??

Very old thread koala, might not get an answer.

• Like 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, koalassquad said:

How did you hook up the steering?

If you are seeking information on lowering a Wheel Horse these two threads by @19richie66 and @Ed Kennell will give you a lot to digest. They both did a fine job of showing details.

• Like 2

19richie66

I love the job Ed did on his tractor. That thing is just flat out cool. Maybe mine will get there one day.👍

• Like 3