Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

Buying Wheel Horse Tractors

CHARGER9AUTO

I never buy any Wheel Horse tractors the very day first before on Thursday I could not pass up about aquiring the '73 8 HP 4-Speed W / 36" RD deck for $400.00 the Guy handed me the keey for the tractor and says why don't you take her for spin around the fairgrounds so I did. I'd even tested out the 36" deck after that I dismounted the deck and sold it with the front Tach - a - Matic mule box for $75.00

later on during the same day I bought that '67 L-107 Lawn Ranger from Don Kane for $500.00 W / 32" gear driven mower deck two tractors in one day . Ben....

nylyon

I would have loved to have taken that 36" RD deck with mule for $75, always missing the good deals.... <_>

Sparky

Are you talkin about the WH Show? I find it hard not to bring a tractor home when I'm tempted from every direction by a red horse that needs a new home. I try to wait till Saturday for the "end of show deal" but I missed out by waitin on a 416-auto that had caught my eye 2 shows ago.

I have brought home a "71" Wheel Horse Workhorse 700 and a "83" C-125 auto/hydraulic lift. The 125 was my first hydro WH and I love it! Made me go out and git another...the 418-A. I cant git enough of watchin that big heavy snow chucker going up with the flick of a lever. I used to have it on a manual lift tractor but that'll never happen again :D .

Mike.........

CHARGER9AUTO

Are you talkin about the WH Show? I find it hard not to bring a tractor home when I'm tempted from every direction by a red horse that needs a new home. I try to wait till Saturday for the "end of show deal" but I missed out by waitin on a 416-auto that had caught my eye 2 shows ago.

I have brought home a "71" Wheel Horse Workhorse 700 and a "83" C-125 auto/hydraulic lift. The 125 was my first hydro WH and I love it! Made me go out and git another...the 418-A. I cant git enough of watchin that big heavy snow chucker going up with the flick of a lever. I used to have it on a manual lift tractor but that'll never happen again :D .

Mike.........

Mike, Yes I am refering to the Wheel Horse show I need to buy at least one tractor and some decals my Dad always says to me Ben wait until the last day before the show ends and see if they lower the price down on the tractor . Ben...

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike.........

Mike, I think you mean a '71 Work Horse 800 not 700 3-Speed tractor I have one that Bill Pearson buyed for me in trade for another tractor 702 W / HY-3 lift I'd picked up in Wales MA for $200.00 . Ben....

CHARGER9AUTO

I would have loved to have taken that 36" RD deck with mule for $75, always missing the good deals.... <_<

Karl, I think you need to stay one spot where the Good deals are at the show you spend too much free time shooting the breeze with Mike :D Ben....

nylyon

My problem is that I need to make it to the show, then I'll probably spend too much time shooting the breeze with everyone, including you.

CHARGER9AUTO

My problem is that I need to make it to the show, then I'll probably spend too much time shooting the breeze with everyone, including you.

Karl, I have made some new friends on this Wheel Horse RedSqaure forum now I just need to meet them in person at the show in PA maybe I will catch Mike , Kevin , Eldon , Steve red handed looking at all the parts , attachments and tractors for sale :D Ben......

kj4kicks

Oh Yeah !! I'll be there, and VERY easy to find!

C'mon summer !!

Eldon.

kpinnc

I sure wanna be. It's a long trip, but I think it'll be worth it.

I may have to come empty handed (as far as tractors go), but I hope to be there!

Kevin

CHARGER9AUTO

Oh Yeah !! I'll be there, and VERY easy to find!

C'mon summer !!

Eldon.

Eldon, I will be in a Yellow 16" PENSKE truck we enter the Wheel Horse show entrance on Thursday morning at 10:00 AM . Ben.....

Rollerman

I hope to be there with mt boy & a few tractors?

Maybe have the Lever Steers done by then....thats a big idea though.

I'll be happy if I can just make it once.

Stephen in northern IN

CHARGER9AUTO

I sure wanna be. It's a long trip, but I think it'll be worth it.

I may have to come empty handed (as far as tractors go), but I hope to be there!

Kevin

Kevin, I will have one tractor to ride at the show my '63 953 I like to buy a tractor to take home with me . Ben....

kpinnc

Ben,

Are you saying I should buy one to bring home? :D

It would be cool to find one up there! If I drive my truck, I can fit just one tractor in the bed!

But if I bring the trailer- I can carry three or four...

Good grief! I'd have to sleep with them when I got them home! :P Can you say: DADDY WOULD BE LONELY WHEN MOMMY FOUND OUT?

I just want to see the show in person, and meet all the folks I've spoken with for years, and especially all the folks in this forum. Maybe pick up a part or three...

Kevin

Sparky

I usually bring 2 tractors(one for my son and one for my neighbors son to cruise around on) which leaves room for 2 more on the trailer :D . I'm hoping to bring my D-160 this year for me to ride around as well as the boys tractors so I will be real tight for room. The "D: really chews up the space on the trailer.

Mike......

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben,

Are you saying I should buy one to bring home? :D

It would be cool to find one up there! If I drive my truck, I can fit just one tractor in the bed!

But if I bring the trailer- I can carry three or four...

Good grief! I'd have to sleep with them when I got them home! :P Can you say: DADDY WOULD BE LONELY WHEN MOMMY FOUND OUT?

I just want to see the show in person, and meet all the folks I've spoken with for years, and especially all the folks in this forum. Maybe pick up a part or three...

Kevin

Kevin, I used to take two tractors to the show to ride but it's impossible to drive two Wheel Horses at once my Dad takes the pictures and Mom stand on the side and watches me in the parade I'm the only one who drives them :( I Can't leave the show on Saturday when it's over and never buy a Horse to take home it just wouldn't feel right . Ben......

CHARGER9AUTO

I usually bring 2 tractors(one for my son and one for my neighbors son to cruise around on) which leaves room for 2 more on the trailer :D . I'm hoping to bring my D-160 this year for me to ride around as well as the boys tractors so I will be real tight for room. The "D: really chews up the space on the trailer.

Mike......

Mike, I pack the 16" PENSKE box truck with attachments first then my tractors just one. and start putting milk crates with parts wheres there some space you know how it is always make extra room to take home a tractor before Mike buys it from under me just kidding buddy . Ben...