Sign in to follow this  
stephan07

going to look at a new horse

stephan07

so i have been told its a commando, but he said it was a hydro. weren't the commandos all 4 spds? also where do i look for the model number and serial on these? any good ways to know what i am looking at?

Kelly

Commandos are stick shift, the chargers are hydro, take a camara post pics, the ID tag should be on the dash tower, right under the dash.

AMC RULES

Do you know what year it is? :scratchead:

stephan07

the guy who has it knows nothing about it, but for the $10 price tag i am gonna bring it home

AMC RULES

At that price, I would too. Post some picts when you can. :popcorn:

Sparky

Wasn't there a Commando V-8? It was a verticle engined tractor. Was that one a hydro?

Mike............

AMC RULES

The Commandos, from the model list posted here on the forum...

1-4631 1968 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando 6 4-Speed Tecumseh HH60-105047B 6 Wheel Horse 5053

1-4831 1968 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando 8 4-Speed Kohler K181S-30108D 8 Wheel Horse 5053

1-4832 1968 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando 8 4-Speed Kohler K181S-30108D 8 Wheel Horse 5053

1-4741 1969 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando V7 4-Speed Tecumseh V70-125061 7 Wheel Horse 5067

1-4841 1969 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando V8 4-Speed Kohler KV181S-37108B 8 Wheel Horse 5066

1-4751 1970 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando V7 4-Speed Tecumseh V70-125119 7 Wheel Horse 5067

1-4752 1970 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando V7 4-Speed Tecumseh V70-125119 7 Wheel Horse 5067

1-4851 1970 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando V8 4-Speed Kohler KV181S-37116B 8 Wheel Horse 5066

1-4852 1970 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando V8 4-Speed Tecumseh VH80-148001 8 Wheel Horse 5066

bowtiebutler956

$10 Now that's a good price! :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

stephan07

never seen a verticle shaft horse really hoping for a regular style one. he has had it sitting for a good measure of time. do these hydro take sitting well?

AMC RULES

For reference...the one you're hoping for.

4831 1968 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando 8 4-Speed Kohler K181S-30108D 8 Wheel Horse 5053

By the way, it's WHCC's featured tractor of the year at this years big Pa show in June. :thumbs:

http://www.wheelhorsecc.com/

stephan07

well its a charger not a commando

103_0942.jpg

103_0941.jpg

AMC RULES

So...did you get it? :scratchead:

1maidenfan

For $10 you cant go wrong. Some one will buy it if you don't want to keep it! Decent looking tractor.

can whlvr

10 bucks,any wheelhores is worth that,but especially a horizontal,so did you get her

stephan07

the guy is delivering it to me she isnt home yet but she is mine just couldnt get it in my xj. so the price got better $10 delivered

moel number looks like 1-7321 and serial of 420675. it has a kohler k301a spec 474969

stephan07

68 charger 12 coming home on Saturday

• Like 1

Confused99

Nice, I just picked up a '68 Charger 9. I didn't get much info on it before I got there either but was happy to see the original cart, deck, chains, wheel weights, and grader blade :)

gwest_ca

the guy is delivering it to me she isnt home yet but she is mine just couldnt get it in my xj. so the price got better $10 delivered

moel number looks like 1-7321 and serial of 420675. it has a kohler k301a spec 474969

Is the 1-7321 a typo?

The 1968 1-7231 started production using battery ignition and combination starter/generator.

Mid year they changed to magneto ignition, flywheel stator and Bendix starter but the tractor model number stayed the same.

Interested in knowing what you find the engine numbers are after you confirm them.

Garry

VinsRJ

$10 = Just the way we like'm! :happy-jumpeveryone:

stephan07

the engine has a stator but i am not sure it is the orignal motor. it has a yellow flywheel shroud. the other sheet metal is all red tho

546cowboy

Man I wish I was that lucky! What a find for $10 with delivery!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like that ever happens at my house. Although I did get a B-112 for free a couple weeks ago but that just doesn't compare to that Charger. :text-goodpost:

bowtiebutler956

Score! I like it! :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

jay in nc

want to double your money? Jay

• Like 1

bo dawg

I can assure you the Chargers make good wheelie poppers! real light in the front.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I can assure you the Chargers make good wheelie poppers! real light in the front.

His Charger, even more so...'cause his wallet is still full of the money. :ychain: