Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Left buy of the week at auction

Nick

I dislike standing around at an auction on a good day. Tonight as the rain started, heard some thunder in the distance and it looked like a few more hours to wait, I left what might have been a heck of a buy. I think it was a 1056 that needed a little TLC but it had headlights! B) First set I ever had the chance to buy and I left. :whistle: Should add this was at 4:30 and the auction was a 2 hour drive from home. But at least I did go to Glens Surplus and buy some tires for the Horse haulin trailer. B)

auction3.jpg

auction2.jpg

auction1.jpg

DMESS

:whistle: You'll find out later it brought $50 bucks! B)

BPjunk

Now Nick,

We have known each other a long time ..... and I don't wanna have to take away your Wheel Horse Huntin' license .... I know ya' do good by crossin' state lines to poach Horses :whistle: .... BUT to leave one with a HL-5 head light kit WITH BUG EYE lens at a auction!!!!! I hang my head down. B) I think I will let ya' off with a warning this time .... ya' may have fell and bumped your head or sumtin' I don't know. B) Well at least ya' took a picture I know your great at that. B)

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Nick

Dustin,

The best thing is the auction was around 100 miles away so I shouldnt hear I lost it cheap. With so many people there it shouldnt have went that cheap. But just think if the storm got so bad that a junk buyer hauled it off. :whistle:

Bill,

Guess I got to hang my head low in hunters shame. B) The only reason I went, with the chance of storms, was because the auction was a couple miles from the surplus store and I knew I'd come home with something from there. Just have to regret leaving them bug eyed lights and hope for another auction close to home.. B)

Jim_M

There's been a few times when I've been in a situation like that. I've learned that as long as there's a good crowd you can usually ask the auctioneeer to sell the tractor soon and they will, knowing that they have an interested bidder and they might lose him soon usually gets their attention.

CasualObserver

Now I have to admit, reading the title, I was thinking you bought something really good after you left some ridiculous absentee bid somewhere not really expecting to win. :whistle: That happens too!

It is a shame you had to walk away from that, but hey, there will be another day. You'd probably have been just as, if not more disappointed if you stuck around just for that and ended up losing it! B) There's more and more of this stuff being drug out of barns and sheds everyday folks.... make sure you hit all those little farm consignment sales!

Teamreddog

I know I need to find a blade for mine....looked like it had a blade sitting next to it.

Kelly

B) Reddog come to the MI. meeting with a trailer or a way to get one home I'll sell you one I have a few.