Sign in to follow this  
Raider10

New 1970 lawn ranger project

meadowfield

Seat is all he needs....

Peerless is same as A-90 special - or the Norlett Commanders. A slightly older variant of the B-111 4 speed box. The main difference is the drum brake instead of disc !

It's also a traditional gated H pattern with 2 selector forks - westwoods were all 6 gears in constant mesh :)

Anglo Traction

That is one smart little :wh: Tractor !. Very nice Job you've done there Ian :handgestures-thumbup: . I reckon the Traditional alternative Red Blanket would do for a seat.

meadowfield

heres the before and after side by side !

lawnrangerredone.jpg

pmackellow

Very smart, well done !!

Looking forward to seeing it at Ardingly !!

kpthorsefan

Now thats a top job! very nice.. :thumbs:

Raider10

Looking good :thumbs: though that seat looks a bit hard!! :ROTF:

Interesting to see the trans, what make is it? I thought it would of had a Peerless the same as a Westwood?

Tis a bit hard on the arris at the moment. Still waiting on some vinyl to recover the original which was all split but the spongy stuff is in remarkably good nick for forty odd years old. The gearbox is a peerless 617 3 speed. its totally different to the 5 speed one fitted to most westwoods.

I still aint got used to messin abart with photo bucket yet either. Moved my lawn ranger pics into a new folder and broke the links. Lost interest after that. Not really been on since. Simply cant be arsed to be honest. Been projectin non stop tryin to finish it for our first show this weekend but havent managed it. Still need to do the seat and the belt is slightly too long.

Anyway cheers for looking, Ian :ychain:

bowtiebutler956

You did a fantastic job on that little :wh: ! Looks Great! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

meadowfield

Heres another couple of pics from tonight - I delivered the remaining decals and saw how great the printed decal replacement for the gear shift panel came out !

IMG_7286.jpg

IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

Raider10

:) Hello everyone. Not been on for a while. Too many horses to fettle and not enough hours in the day. Anyway heres a few pics of the little lawn ranger. If this bloomin computery thing doesnt lock up.

88.jpg87.jpg86.jpg85.jpg84.jpg83.jpg82.jpg

Almost ready for Ardingly now. Just busy Fettling the cutter deck and all the lift and pto mechanism.

fortunately the tractorcame with a tow behind mower deck made from most of the original components, apart from the deck shell, which is home made. Unfortunately there was no lift mechanism under the tractor and all the deck hanger brackets were different or missing, as was the main drive pulley bearing housing. fortunately my brother (meadowfield) has bought my youngest nephew another one as you may know, and that came with cutter deck and all its associated gubbins in remarkably good condition.

so for the last two weeks ive been busy fabricating all the missing parts, copying them as accurately as i can. Will try and post some pics when i get chance. Trying to get it all finished for Ardingly but might not make it.

sorry to here PJ cant go. Shame hes got to work. Any way folks, see you all a week on saturday,

Edited by Raider10

meadowfield

Looking good !

You can come and sort Finns out when you finish :)

bowtiebutler956

:scared-eek: :woohoo::bow-blue: That :wh: looks fantastic! Your work is second to none! :text-datsphatyo: In fact it looks so good, I can almost ignore the fact it has a techy on it. :ychain:

Matt :flags-texas:

Anglo Traction

Like Matt says, Superb work Ian!. It has the 'Brand New' look :bow-blue:. Great Little WH.

pmackellow

Looking good, it would be great to see it at Ardingly !!

WH Raider10

Wow, that little wh looks great! Too bad I can't see it in person. I hope to be there next year!

Raider10

:) Cheers for your comments guys, much appreciated. Wish i could find more time to come on the square but i,m just addicted to tinkering and fettling in the garage. Been messing till arf 8 tonight. Almost finished the cutter deck now. Just needs cleaning up and painting.

Hoping to fit it for ardingly, just depends if the paint dries enough. Tractor is definately going though. Lets just hope the weather improves.

Ian.