Sign in to follow this  
WHwest8597

PA Horses

WHwest8597

I traveled from Western PA to Lancaster County and back from Sat. to Mon. and only saw one Wheel Horse and that was just outside Bedford on Route 30. I know it was a holiday weekend, but I thought I would have saw more. A passenger with me said they saw two additional Horses, but I didn't catch them as I was driving.

Do you slow down and admire a Horse being used when you spot one during your travels?

Just Piddling

I know sinse I have bought mine, I break my neck anytime I see a glimps of a red tractor. Being in NC, they are somewhat hidden.

rustbucket

i slow down when i see them either being used or sitting in a thicket collecting rust. the later makes me angry and want to rent a u haul and just go roaming the streets

linen beige

Spotting one, being used or not, in my area is almost a media event. But I have noticed that when I'm using one of mine nearly every car slows down, I get a few thumbs ups from the guys, and ALL the neighborhood guys come outside to watch. If I'm in the back yard, which backs up to a city park, I usually get a small audience. It's usually me pushing/pulling something with the beat up dual wheeled 702. Nobody can beleive it's that old and only has seven horsepower.

kpinnc

I know sinse I have bought mine, I break my neck anytime I see a glimps of a red tractor. Being in NC, they are somewhat hidden.

Couldn't agree with you more JP!

I actually saw three different ones on trailers today. All the recent rain apparently brings them out! B)B):whistle:

Kevin

kj4kicks

I traveled from Western PA to Lancaster County... ...Route 30.

if you were on US30 going through York County (Lancaster County's next door neighbor) , you were within 2 miles of my house. So close, we could have had a mini-meet !

DMESS

You drove right through my neck of the woods, so you have to realize that between Eldon and myself, we've got them all hidden! B)

BPjunk

Ifn's I remember right you might have past one and did not know it on RT 30. Seems to me I saw a Suburban with a old style trailer on RT 30 just below Breezwood on the other side of the mountain going east on RT 30.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

rustbucket

if you live in the eastern side of PA and see a white ford E-250 van sneaking around neighbourhoods with fog lights in the front bumper dead middle dont be suprised if it has a small horse or two in its rear end out of sight and very stealthy ****** and grab.

rustbucket

scarry thing is i fit a GT-14 in the back of my van but just barely to make the show with it hehe.

BairleaFarm

Spotting one, being used or not, in my area is almost a media event.

Yeap, sure is. Maybe youll be driving through Georgetown and see one of mine in use. B)

HorseFixer

Yes I crank my neck around like its rubber! B) Every so often I drive one of mine about a mile over to my friends Lawn Mower repair shop. I was stopped about 10 times on the way home and was late for dinner. Yep they are a great conversation starter! :whistle:

Duke

linen beige

Yes I crank my neck around like its rubber! B) Every so often I drive one of mine about a mile over to my friends Lawn Mower repair shop. I was stopped about 10 times on the way home and was late for dinner. Yep they are a great conversation starter! B)

Duke

Just one question Duke. Where you by chance driving down the middle of the road? B)

Well, two questions. If so, were these really conversations you could let the kids hear? :whistle:

DMESS

Ifn's I remember right you might have past one and did not know it on RT 30. Seems to me I saw a Suburban with a old style trailer on RT 30 just below Breezwood on the other side of the mountain going east on RT 30.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Heck, you mean I missed one! B)

CasualObserver

Heck, you mean I missed one! :whistle:

I'm guessing not for long! B)

DMESS

I'm guessing not for long! B)

I do pass by that way, but only in the winter time when I'm heading for snow. I 'll have to keep an eye open for it!