Sign in to follow this  
billsfan60

A THANKYOU TO THE SMART GUYS FOR ALL THE HELP

billsfan60

Finished the rebuild on my C101 yesterday and fired it up for the first time. No smoke, no flame just a smooth powerful K241. Couldn't have done it without the help I got here. No question went unanswered and the patience was remarkable, to say nothing of the fact all info was spot on. Hope I can contribute in kind as time goes on.

Still no luck on the mower deck spindle though. Tried parts tree and found the parts, but can't get the races out of the housing. Pulled the snap ring and got the one to move but no luck with the other end. Bearing price isn't bad but the spindle shaft is very expensive and mine's shot. Tried advertising in the classified and noone responded. Any suggestions. Deck is a 95 36MS01.

can whlvr

good to hear shes running nicley,maybe you could try for a set of spindles,they may not be from the same year but ive switched spindle sets lots of times,but that was with 42 side discharge decks,im not sure if the assemblys from a 42 would fit your 36,of coarse with 36 blades,the holes are probally the same but im not sure if you can put 12 inch blades on the 42 spindles.maybe someone has done this,it might be easier to find a set from a 42 which there was lots of them

billsfan60

Thanks, going to try that today. There's an independant repair shop close to me in Tuscaloosa that has a pile of decks sitting behind his place. Might try them if I get the time later today. I'm at the point of replacing the whole deck if I can find a way to modify a 42 incher to work with my C101. If all else fails maybe I'll just say the heck with it, get a couple of dozen biddies and raise free range chickens on what used to be my front lawn.

can whlvr

you wont need to modify anything to put a 42 side or rear discharge (wheelhorse deck)as long as it is after 1973 era and off of a garden tractor,not one from a lawn tractor which would take some fabbing

billsfan60

Thanks for the info. Will be looking for a decent 42 inch deck starting today.