Sign in to follow this  
mdn1081

520 spindles

mdn1081

Hello everybody. I have a question about putting trailer hubs on the swept front axle. I plan on using these
on my swept axle. There are bushings on the spindles. Now do they space the hub assembly from the stops on the axle and seal the grease seal? I would imagine they do but figured someone would know on here. The axle is going to go on my 1983 C-175. I inherited it from my grandmother, and my pap that passed when I was 5 bought it new. Needs a resto, which is going to take me awhile. But I plan on doing a few thing to set it apart from the rest. I am thinking about running Vredestein ribs 18x8.50x8 on 7" wide wheels on the front. And triple 25x8x12 tires on the rear on 7" wide rims. Should be a real head turner when its done. Thanks in advance as always.

bowtiebutler956

Sounds like it will be a very Beastly looking Horse! :wicked: Sorry I can't help with your question, but I'm sure someone who can will chime in shortly. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 2

Hodge71

Not sure what your plan is as far as using the 175 but I can tell you that while you may think the cool factor of 6 tires in the rear of the tractor is awesome, the leverage that it puts on the axles and hydro on a machine that will be seeing anything other than show duty is insane. You will be snapping parts due to all that stress on your Eaton 1100 axles and such. I would really suggest against it unless youre making a trailer queen.

Kelly

There is a spacer on the spindle, that the seal will ride on, as for the rims be sure you get them with a offset, not the ones that are centered, or they will hit the spindles, I used 5 3/8" wide rims just like stock, and they have about 3 3/8" x 2" offset on the centers, again about like stock, and I only have maybe a 1" clearance to the spindle, the 18" tall tires will set the front up in the air some also, and as already has been said you will probably snap a axle off with that much tire sticking out on the rear, I've seen it with only duel 8.50's break them.

mdn1081

Thanks guys for the information. My C-175 is actually an 8 speed. However I do understand it would be putting alot of stress on the axles. Once I get it done it won't be getting any use other than maybe to a show. I figure with 18" tall tires in the front and 25" tall tires in the back it would lift the whole tractor about one inch.

546cowboy

These tires are on my new addition. Go BIG or go home!

post-1334-0-71702200-1333320989_thumb.jp

mdn1081

Haha, wow cowboy what do you plan on doing with that machine? Or is it just a showpiece?

woodchuckfarmer

Its a monster horse

546cowboy

I bought this from a guy and have started making some improvements and I plan on painting it. I love to just cruise around on this. I may be going to the Mentone,IN swap with it and a few tractors to swap or sell. Maybe I'll see some of you there. :USA: