Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Well, its time.

6wheeler

I don't know if this belongs here. I think it does. 7 days to chicks. Next weekend, I pick up my 50 broilers. Brooder house is ready, moved the remaining layers to the big shed. Only 5 left, but they sleep and eat with the cats anyway. I am thinking of running 25 out to 10 weeks and 25 out to 14 or 16 weeks depending on how they finish. Any thoughts on this? Last year I tried 9 and 13 weeks but, I think the 9's came up light. And, I think the later birds could have come up heavier. Maybe, in the 11# to14# range. Last years weren't fatty. But I think I could get more meat weight if I run them out. So I am thinking take them out just a touch. What do you chicken guys think?

Trouty56

I don't know anything about this yet so I'll be watching this thread for ideas. I have egg layers but I am curious about broilers.

AMC RULES

Chickens eating and sleeping with cats? :scratchead:

Does that really happen? :dunno:

6wheeler

Yep, Craig it does happen :eek: . Believe or not. My layers run loose so I put their nesting box in the shed with the cats. One of my cats actually sleeps in the nesting box with them. She has been doing that for about a year now. She is pregnant and I think she will have her babies in there too :eusa-think: .

Chickens eating and sleeping with cats? :scratchead:

Does that really happen? :dunno:

KC9KAS

Interesting thread. My wife is in charge of distribution of the finished products from a turkey process plant.

They grow their turkeys to 42 pounds in 18 weeks!

Trouty56

42lbs....jeez....they must go to turkey products and such. That is some serious food there.

farmer

42lbs....jeez....they must go to turkey products and such. That is some serious food there.

Either that or they buy Hellmann's Mayo by the gallon !!

• Like 1