Sign in to follow this  
Deere Hunter

new horse followed me home

Deere Hunter

My grandfathers brother has been telling me for a few years about a Wheel Horse he doesnt mow with anymore. Everytime he tells me I ask what model and he would always say its says B something on the hood. What horsepower I would ask. Hmmmmm I think it is an 8hp. he would say.

Well this past Saturday I rode out to look at it. He says it was time for it to find a new home. I was actually getting pretty eager to find maybe a B-80 and hopefully an 8-speed.

Well...............

The garage door opens and there sits a B-115 5speed B)

My first thought is well that sucks. But after a closer look I started to see this WH was well taken care of. So after a few minutes trying to get him to set a price, I made an offer, which he accepted. Before I left he even threw in a pretty nice lawn sweeper to boot, although it isnt WH but an IH model. Which is probably worth more than I paid for the WH. :whistle:

Here are some pics....well that is if I have the posting pics thing down. lol

100_1438.jpg

100_1436.jpg

nylyon

Wow, that is in beautiful condition. Don't see too many of the black hood verts!

Jim_M

That's probably the cleanest B-115 I've ever seen. It looks like he took very good care of it.

TT

Wayne, are you sure that was in a garage and not a MUSEUM????? :whistle:

DANG ! ! ! ! ! that's a nice one! B)

kj4kicks

Looks nice Wayne !

rustbucket

very very sexy tractor sitting there on that big ol trailor.

Deere Hunter

I have only seen one other B vert. that is nicer than this one. And it is a B-111 that was never sold by a dealer and he still has sitting in his barn under a sheet. That one is unreal how nice it is. He uncrated it only a couple years back.

Well if any one wants to see the other part of the deal, here it is. May need a coat of red and a WH sticker to look right if I am going to use it.

100_1442-1.jpg

T-Mo

Wayne,

That is a nice looking tractor, regardless if it's a vert or not. And that sweeper is also pretty nice. You did good today. B) BTW, you need to add those pictures to our gallery as I don't know if we have a picture of a B-115 yet. :whistle:

combatmp29r

Alright JD Terry watch the vert comments I am back online you know :whistle:

Wayne thats a great lookin B-115 and welcome to the dark side as Eldon calls it, you now own a vert B)

I have a black hood vert too A B-165 with the twin cylinder, but its not in anywhere close to that nice of shape. B)

0420081757.jpg

Teamreddog

What do you mean by a vert?

combatmp29r

Vert is slang for a vertical shaft tractor. The crankshaft runs vertically (up and down ) instaed of horizontally (side to side) like alot of its brothers.

Nick

Wayne,

Nice haul, that is a good looking little B. :whistle:

B) Now being a trailer nut whats your trailer look like? B) Hard to tell from the picture but might be a small deckover.

CasualObserver

Nice save there Wayne! that's gotta be the cleanest "doesn't mow with it anymore" tractor I've ever seen!

And for that sweeper... original condition, original paint and decals? :whistle: I'd sell that puppy to a IH collector and put the money in the bank until you can find an original red one! That looks to be in fine shape. I wouldn't hurt it's value by repainting it. JMHO B)

daemon2525

I have one that is as clean as that one, and have posted a picture just recently.

But no one ever pays attention to me!! B)

Well, after looking at my picture, I see that it is not very clear. You're forgiven.

Just Kidding! Nice looking tractor. Mine mows well.

Three.jpg

• Like 1

T-Mo

It looks like that little puny Craftsman is about to be squashed by the two horses. Nice looking tractors indeed (the horses that is). The one is a 1057 I believe, and the other is a B-something, but I can't see what model number. B)

combatmp29r

Its a B115 Terry. The B165 would have a twin cylinder in there instead of the single cylinder.

Sorry for the lack of recognition on the pic daemon2525. I'm still trying to catch up on the posts from being off line a month and a half.m Very nice looking 115 any other pics of it?

kpinnc

Nice little B there Wayne!

Kevin

Rollerman

Did someone mention a B165...I'd get a pic of one here...but the neddles are getting to high. B)

And both of the above B115's are very nice machines...both looked very well cared for.

DMESS

Wayne, I wouldn't have turned that one down either! She looks beautiful, but I wouldn't try to do any pulling with that one if I were you. B)

BPjunk

Wayne,

After seeing the rest of your families "toys" I would have no doubt one from "Paps" brother would be in any less then super clean condidtion! B)

Now ifn's you could squeeze the 289 and 4 speed out of the Comet in your garage into that B-115 :whistle: ..... then you would have a vertical shaft puller NO ONE will make fun of!!! B)

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Deere Hunter

Wayne,

Nice haul, that is a good looking little B. :whistle:

B) Now being a trailer nut whats your trailer look like? B) Hard to tell from the picture but might be a small deckover.

Nick,

The trailer is a Texas Bragg 15ft (deck) car trailer. My grandfather bought this trailer about 25 years ago. We added the wood in the center so we could haul just about anything on it we wanted. Hopein to retire it soon and get an enclosed trailer to haul the pulling tractors.

Deere Hunter

Nice save there Wayne! that's gotta be the cleanest "doesn't mow with it anymore" tractor I've ever seen!

And for that sweeper... original condition, original paint and decals? B) I'd sell that puppy to a IH collector and put the money in the bank until you can find an original red one! That looks to be in fine shape. I wouldn't hurt it's value by repainting it. JMHO B)

Actually was teasin about repainting the sweeper. I snapped a pic on my phone and sent the pic to a buddy that is a IH nut. He pretty much told me name the price and he will be over to pick it up. lol Who knows it may have a new home real soon. :whistle:

Deere Hunter

Now ifn's you could squeeze the 289 and 4 speed out of the Comet in your garage into that B-115 :whistle: ..... then you would have a vertical shaft puller NO ONE will make fun of!!! B)

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Bill,

Not sure if I have enough scrap metal laying around the garage to make that work. Besides not sure i'd have the courage to strap myself to that setup! B) May be the fastest way in the world to destroy a Peerless tranny. lol