Sign in to follow this  
billworthington

520H anniversary tractor

billworthington

Recently found a 520h wheel horse for sale, low hrs, good cond. Owner claims it is a 50th anniversary special. Does anyone know anything about this? And if it is special what would that be? Thanks Bill.

Challenger

I had one. It was my first Wheel Horse tractor and I miss it.

The only thing that I remember that was "special" was that the accent color on the decals included a GOLD color scheme. Also the Wheel Horse badge on the front of the hood was gold. The

wheel covers were done in a gray plastic with a gold colored Wheel Horse badge in the center each. The wheel covers, in my opinion, were not nearly as sharp as the CHROME wheel covers usually found on the 520H.

In my opinion a 50th Anniversary Special is not worth a dime more than any other, similar condition, 520H.

- Challenger

Hodge71

Bill,

I'm not 100% positive but I think Toro used 1996 as the 50th anniversary year. My 416H is a 1996. Its a confusing situation because Wheel Horse built a 25th anniversary model called the GT2500 in 1981. The math shows that Wheel Horse felt that 1956 was the start of it all which coincides with the use of the WheelHorse name on tractors. Which would make 2006 the 50th anniversary. I think Toro decided to use 1946 as the first year that the Ponds built tractors, even though they were Speedex tractors and not really Wheel Horses.The only thing special that I know of for the 1996 machines is the gold emblems that they used and I think if you got the factory grey plastic hub caps they got gold horse heads on them also. The chome hub caps like mine came with had no special treatment. As far as the machine being any different, I dont believe it is and neither is the value

smoreau

I have one that I got from Kelly last year and it has 304 hours on it right know. It's nice with a fatter steering wheel, foot rest covers are thicker, and the stickers and front emblem are gold. That's all that I know that is different. I am selling it soon for around $1500 as I don't have a real need for it at this time.

AMC RULES

Some special eds in these links. :)

Forest Road

96 was the year they changed over to the rounded floor boards and rubber foot pads. They stuck with that look until the end. As a previous poster stated there's nothing special about an anniversary edition WH. Don't pay an extra penny for one.

billworthington

Thanks guys. I knew that some of you would be able to enlighten me on the anniversary special. Bill W.