Sign in to follow this  
Mykol610

Blades???

Mykol610

This may be a stupid question but I've noticed people talking about snowblades, grader blades, dozer blades, ect. What is the difference between each kind? I have a 42" :unsure: blade. What kind is it, I used it for plowing this winter and am planning on using it for moving dirt/gravel this summer when I build an extension on my shed for my toys. But I don't want to mess it up anymore than it is. It's already bent a little from the previous owner (right side in the picture). It's a :wh: model/serial 42400 I'm not sure which one it is (snow/dirt/dozer) and don't know if it's the wrong kind, will I mess it up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

post-5227-0-22110400-1331905349_thumb.jp

Mykol610

Here's another pic of it...

post-5227-0-00849200-1331905657_thumb.jp

Trouty56

Dozer blades and snow blades are one in the same. That is what you have pictured there. A grader blade is underneath the tractor between the front and rear wheels.

I hope this helps......

Hodge71

:text-yeahthat: What he said...Damn Bob ya beat me again. I would elaborate to say that a snow dozer blade is good at moving large piles of dirt/stone and getting a grade. The grader blade is better at maintaining that grade and say filling holes in a driveway or the like. It dos this more efficiently because it sits between the front and rear tires. I hope this helps you out.

KC9KAS

A grader blade is also attached to the rear of a tractor for "grading" dirt, rock, and sometime even snow.

can whlvr

actually it depends on the grader blade,the 40 inch attaches to the mid mount and the 50 attaches to the same brackets as the dozer blade,and rototiller,on the rear axle

Trouty56

A grader blade is also attached to the rear of a tractor for "grading" dirt, rock, and sometime even snow.

actually it depends on the grader blade,the 40 inch attaches to the mid mount and the 50 attaches to the same brackets as the dozer blade,and rototiller,on the rear axle

Don....possibly KC is referring to a rear scraper/box blade. That's how I took it.

can whlvr

:thumbs2: ya that could be what kc meant,i missed that