Sign in to follow this  
Flatheadpuller

Panzer Puller Build

Flatheadpuller

This is the build of my 1957 panzer 102. Its a three wheel model. I had it sand blasted and primed it. Now I am setting up the rest of it. I sold the individual foot brake drum assemblies that originally were on each side of the rear axle. They will not fit in the aluminum wheels. It will have a single drum from a go kart installed on the input of the diff. Here are some pics.

th_photobucket-839-1331853872149.jpg

The yoke I built for the wide front tire. It is a 15-6-6.

th_photobucket-4062-1331853854192.jpg

th_photobucket-557-1331853811744.jpg

th_photobucket-3914-1331853797531.jpg

After sandblasting

th_photobucket-3883-1331853760080.jpg

Flatheadpuller

Here are the rear brakes that were original to the Panzer.

th_photobucket-2924-1329100296066.jpg

This is a mockup before I had it tore down and sandblasted.

th_photobucket-1703-1329600354002.jpg

The diff with the drive sprocket bolted up.

th_photobucket-2105-1329100340838.jpg

• Like 1

Flatheadpuller
th_photobucket-3526-1331855084329.jpg

bowtiebutler956

Thats Awesome! :scared-eek: I love it, keep us updated as the biuld continues. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

AMC RULES

Real cool tractors, them Panzer's. :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Panzers are a great tractor.... can't beat a Dodge rear.... but as a three wheeler that isn't going to be an issue as a puller?

Flatheadpuller

What would be the issue?

baerpath

What ya gonna do for power ? Those 6.25 rears can take quite a bit. But the stock axles won't

Yours looks wider then my two, how wide is it hub to hub?

Duane

I think because it's three wheeled One of our rules is fronts must track in rear tire marks

Flatheadpuller

It will have 23-10.50-12 superlugs on aluminums. The ones in the pics. Thats our stock rule. We have to have factory wheel base. Why would there be a rule about where the front tires are in relation to width of the rear. There is no benefit on where they are are unles the wheel base is lengthend. The tractor was built with only three tires. It is legal for the stock class. As far as axles these are bigger than what is in our cub rear with a dart setup. There not going anywhere. Power plant is a 12hp kohler with a vogel governor cam and billet stock length rod on the governor at 4000rpm.

baerpath

Why would there be a rule about where the front tires are in relation to width of the rear.

Might not be a rule there but it is with a lot of clubs

As far as axles these are bigger than what is in our cub rear with a dart setup

12hp you should be okay, if you put hp to it make sure you check the welds on the axle where they were cut down and that there welded tru

We wiped the axles on ours and went aftermarket now we're good. But we run a 2,2 diesel in it

Duane

Flatheadpuller

You have any pics of that duane? At some point it will be a stock altered 12. But for now its a stocker to pull with the boys cub.

bowtiebutler956

I'll be looking forward to some pics of that one front tire hung up in the air, and the rears spinning! :woohoo: Trikes are cool. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Flatheadpuller

Wait till you see it painted Matt. Its something youll never expect.

• Like 1

baerpath

We used the rear only Also has a trans out of a Power king Dosen't look like a panzer on the outside but it is.

You have any pics of that duane?  At some point it will be a stock altered 12. But for now its a stocker to pull with the boys cub.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I'm loving this thread guys. :thumbs:

Flatheadpuller

Is that a t92 trans in it Duane. Any pics of ho its setup. I as thinking of the power king trans and clutch setup in the panzer to eliminate the belt and jack shaft. Wasnt sure if the gearing is lo enough for pulling though.

maxed500

Beautiful machine, How/who made hood, what did the diesel come out of, turbo/non turbo, pump/injector work? I`m only asking for all of your hard earned secrets

Flatheadpuller

Here is the hitch. All 1/2 plate. Has 2 holes on top that mount to the seat spring mount and six 1/2-13 tapped holes that bolt it on in the rear. It will hold 240lbs of the suitcase wieghts that are hanging on it. Need to finish the wheelie bars yet.

th_photobucket-4435-1332290278229.jpg

baerpath

Beautiful machine, How/who made hood, what did the diesel come out of, turbo/non turbo, pump/injector work? I`m only asking for all of your hard earned secrets

All home built front part of the hood is WH, Motors a 2.2 Nisson from a forklift. it's turboed with 50-60lbs boost, pump and injectors are all heavily worked and not stock type.

Also have a 2.2 Caterpillar ready for the next one that will look like a D250

Flathead When I get it out of the trailer I'll get ya some pictures

Duane

bowtiebutler956

Any Updates? I know you said you like the three wheelers, so I thought you might get a kick out of this one. :scared-eek:

bantam.jpg

AMC RULES

Matt, what year is that little guy? :thumbs:

bowtiebutler956

I'm not sure Craig. I found this pic online, but it didn't have any info with it. It has Bantam stamped on the grill, so it must be 1953 or newer. It's the same model we have, but ours is a 52, so it still says Standard. :thumbs: My Son really liked it!