billsfan60

HOW TO GET THE RIGHT MOWER DECK SPINDLES AND BEARINGS

billsfan60

i've been trying to get the right spindles and bearings for my deck (IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE - DON'T HIT EXPOSED TREE ROOTS WITH YOUR MOWER DECK)but need more of your expert help. Pulled the ID plate off the deck and the number is as follows

95-36MS01-29405

Would you folks advise taking the spindles apart and replacing the bearings only or just go ahead and change out the whole thing.

thanks

tunahead72

I hope you don't mind, I'm posting this link to year earlier thread, just to give everybody a little background:

The upshot of all this is that this particular deck was apparently modified at some point in its life, and it's not clear exactly which model it is, even with the ID plate.

I don't know if that means anything at all as far as the spindles/bearings are concerned, somebody else with more knowledge will have to chime in.

Good luck!

can whlvr

if it were me,i would take the spindles apart and check every thing over,replace the bearings and anything else if they are in good shape ,if the body of the entire spindle assembly is worn due to a very bad bearing(had that before myself)then you need to find a replacement,but probally just needs bearings,go to www,partstree.com and go to toro homeowner,then go into mowers deck assembly only,scroll down and you will find your model,a 1979 36 inch side discharge,it has all the breakdowns and part numbers if you want to replace with factory bearings,or take the bearings to a bearing supply and matchthem up and jacks your uncle

billsfan60

Thanks, will do that today. Finding a mower deck here in Bama is next to impossible (even tho it would be the right thing to do).

gwgdog66

Thanks, will do that today. Finding a mower deck here in Bama is next to impossible (even tho it would be the right thing to do).

Same here. Bearings are the less expensive route, and once you get one spindle rebuild you will find that they are fairly easy to do :grin:

can whlvr

i hope you didnt bend the spindle,that gets pricey,81 bucks for a spindle,but take her apart and see what you have,if youve got a wrecked housing or shaft it might be cheaper to try and find a used one or set here in the want adds

sam5555

Ive been looking for replacement mower deck parts for my 1981 c-105 wheel horse. can anyone please tell me where to look? I need a spindle bearing, housing unit and pulley for it and i cant find any anywhere! im getting very frustrated at this point!

sam5555

I have a 1981 c-105 with a 42" deck. The spindle bearing, housing, and pulley all got fried. I am having a hell of a time finding parts. The deck i.d. #05-42ms02-42944. Any help on this would be appreciated.

gwest_ca

I have a 1981 c-105 with a 42" deck. The spindle bearing, housing, and pulley all got fried. I am having a hell of a time finding parts. The deck i.d. #05-42ms02-42944. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Use this chart

Find your model number in the index and then click on it. That will bring up a page that shows the possible spindle assemblies you could have as replacement assemblies changed over the years.

Parts list that may be confusing because it possibly covers more than one width of cut or side and rear discharge but fails to tell us what model uses what.

Operator manual

Service bulletins

Garry

123GO

Seems some things were posted but disappeared from here?