Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

I may be crazy

Jim_M

I may be crazy but I planted 2 rows of spinach today. The soil was perfect for tilling yesterday so I tilled the gardens just to get a jump on things when planting time does get here.

Today I found some spinach seed left over from last year so I figured what the heck, I'm not out anything if it doesn't come up. It's 66 degrees here today and the 10 day forecast shows 42 as the lowest night time temperature, most nights are supposed to be in the 50's with high 50's to low 70's for daytime highs. I think it will be fine.

It's the earliest I've ever planted anything in the garden by at least a month, heck it's usually still frozen and covered with snow this time of year.. I probably won't plant anything else for a while, but weather this nice sure gives you the itch.

• Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Sounds like a good idea to me! With all this nice weather we have been having, I am getting the itch to get out in the garden too!!!

farmer

As you say Jim, you've nothing to lose...if you ain't in, you cain't win. :confusion-shrug:

Getting a bit itchy myself now. :confusion-waiting: :)

Jim_M

My spinach is up already. Maybe I'm not crazy after all.

farmer

Yuk.. Yuk.. Yuk.. You'll be strong to the finish 'cause you eat's .................. :music-singing: ....................... poop poop. :thumbs:

Jim_M

The weather looks good for the next 10 days. I think I'll plant some lettuce tomorrow.

Rollerman

My corn is knee high already....Jim I'm thinking your crazy garden or not.

Just keep planting.