Sign in to follow this  
Wheel-N-It

A 1266 (or 67) followed me home today

Wheel-N-It

OK sitting around the house today with a toothache from a broken wisdom tooth, waiting for my Dentist to open up Monday to get rid of the problem. Bored of course, so chased down a WheelHorse I heard was for sale. Turns out it was originally a 1066 or 1067 (owner did not know which), and had been repowered to a Kohler K 12 horsepower engine by the original owner ( I guess that makes it now a 1266 or 1267). Pulled the trailer two Counties over to see it, and was really surprised to discover what good condition it was in. To shine, it really only needs a good cleaner waxing with some elbow grease. Hey, I got plenty of both,no problem there. The tires were in good shape, and the hydro unit worked amazingly good, with no leaks. Even the front wheel little Horsey spindle covers are there.

Anyway, I bought it. I bought it for the engine, but the rest of it followed me home as it was bolted on to that sweet K powerplant. I plan to post the rolling chassis for sale in the classified, and will leave the motor in so whoever is interested in the roller can drive it and see how good the hydro unit and hydro lift work.

I apologize for sounding so disconnected from the tractor as a whole, but I really bought it for the engine, and I am trying real hard not to fall in a WheelHorse mechanical love with the whole thing :wub:

That was my day,

Van

jay in nc

van i have a n.o.s. tecky hh120 that would look right at home on that horse. :woohoo: jay

Wheel-N-It

Jay, quickly looking at the WheelHorse Master Model List, the one I brought home today more should have been a 1076 for the 1966 model year, or a 1077 for the 1967 model year. The one thing missing is the model designation stickers. The WheelHorse stickers are intact and in very good shape.

Thank you much for the offer of the Teccy but I am more of a Kohler guy. If you have a NOS 16hp Kohler taking up space in your shop, just let me know and I will gladly take it off your hands:)

Van

Tell you what though, if your engine will fit a Sears Suburban tractor, pm me, and I will pass that info on to someone who needs one.

AMC RULES

:scratchead: :text-worthless: :popcorn:

Iggy68

Van,

I am down here in York, SC. I am interested in that chassis. I will send you a pm.

Wheel-N-It

OK CRAIG, I AM WORTHLESS!!! I GUESS YOU'VE BEEN TALKING TO MY FORMER WIFE. LOL, I am looking at cameras. Just need a little more :techie-hourglass:

Iggy, I will be looking for your PM. I honestly do believe you will like the Roller. Also I will be happy to text anyone a pic, including Craig. :greetings-wavingyellow:

AMC RULES

Umm, i do not believe for one second, the fact this thread has no pict included with it has anything to do with who you are as a person, or what you're former wife might or might not be saying about you. Seriously, I hope your tooth is feeling better too. :dunno:

Hydro

:wwp:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Hey Craig, I know what you said was in good friendly fun. Don't worry, its all good :) We love some X-wife humor here in the South!

Thank you so much for the concern regarding my tooth. A little ibuprofen goes a long way :handgestures-thumbup:

AMC RULES

:ROTF: OK, you got me buddy...HA HA! :bow-blue:

Kingwood990

Van email the pictures so we don't have a fight on our hands. Congrats on the new tractor. Hope you can get that tooth taken care of.

• Like 1

jay in nc

well i went up to chapel hill to see the tractor & pull the drive pullys off dukes onan & the kohler that came off the 1077. well to make a long story short the 1077 followed me home.so to install my nos hh120 tecky i need a 3.75" or 4" 1 in shaft drive pully & pto berring sleve. any one have one? thanks jay

HorseWhisperer

:banana-gotpics: :scared-ghostface: :kbutt:

oldredrider

@jay in NC...I may be wrong, but I think you'll need a 5" engine pulley for that hydro. I'm pretty sure i have the PTO sleeve you're looking for. Give me a day or so to see if I can locate it; PM me if I haven't posted then...(sometimes I forget!)