Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Just can't get motivated

Kelly

I got up early today for a sat. about 7am, boxed some stuff to ship that members here have bought, shipped all that then when I got home I turned the heat on in the shop but I just stood there smoked a cigarette. drank a dew, my oldest son stopped in we BSed for a while but I can not get up any gumption to do anything, it's sunny out looks nice but with a steady 20mph wind and only 40 deg. it's cold, so I figured I would stay inside I have it about 75 deg. but still nothing, I did pick up tools, I even have tons of crap to do, but I think this may end up being a nonprodutive day, the wife and kids took off shopping, so I'm home alone, I feel guilty not doing anything, anyone else having this ? I'm ready for warm weather to be outside with a jacket, or a T shirt!!

Trouty56

Absolutely......

AMC RULES

Maybe better to listen to your body talkin' at you Kelly, might be sayin' you need a break today. :eusa-think:

Tomorrow's another day...as they say. :thumbs: Enjoy some downtime for a change.

Sparky

Yep, sounds like you have had enough of this winter! I get like that when theres 8 projects staring at me and I cant decide which one will be first. Ends up being none of them :eusa-doh: .

Mike..........

Kelly

I have had a cold all week, not bad just enough to make me feel blaaa, I have a few projects going but I'm waiting on parts for some, and others are waiting for the other to get out of the way.

I think later tonight the family is going to the movies, we have been looking forward to it for 2 weeks, last weekend didn't work out, going to see the Lorax in 3D at a theater that the screen is 3 story's tall with reclining seats and full 3D sound system, I love Dr. seuss even though I'm 45

rmaynard

I am having the same kind of day. My wife is working today, so I had the day to myself. I turned the heat up to 60 in the shop, found a flat surface that I had not previous abused, and set about to clean and prep my K-181 for paint. That was at 8:30am this morning. It's now 2:30pm, 6 hours later and I feel like nothing major has been accomplished. First, my daughter and 2 grandsons came by to wish me happy birthday. All the 3 year old wanted to do was push the button to open the overhead door. Dude, it's only 38 degrees outside. Propane isn't cheap. So after they went home, I realized that I was out of acetone and engine primer, so off to the store. Get back and now I'm hungry. Fixed some lunch, sat down and cruised RedSquare. Went back to the shop and stared at the engine some more, took off the head and cleaned some carbon. Realized that I had to pee, so back into the house and here I am.

Kelly, I feel your pain man. Warm weather cannot come to soon. :icecream:

• Like 1

clyde

1. KELLY YOU DEFINETLY ARE NOT ALONE! just got over a cold myself plus 2 broke down vehicles.give ME a whorse to work on any day!at least you can see what your wrenching on.have a good one KELLY :happy-jumpeveryone:

Martin

guys, have a rest and dont force it. just 3 weeks ago i was doing the same thing. $ was the main problem, needed to do the fuel pump on our 99 suburban, so that had to come first. but no motivation to get that done. well fast forward to thursday 2 weeks ago, nice day after work, so just got into it and got that pump done. last weekend i got a good day in on the tractor, right now i cant stop.........

im typing while eating a late lunch......

it will come back, give it time.....

smoreau

I an not getting any thing done today ether. Just no ambition today! must be fear of losing a hour of sleep tonight :) and we should have light tell 730 at night :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ken B

I went into work yesterday morning at 6 am like any other morning. After not being able to get myself motivated to do anything I left at 8 am and went home. I laid on the couch all day and watched the Investigtion Discovery channel, all day.

Kelly

Well I did go out and wheel most of the sheet metal for the 314, but I have to say it has the worst factory paint I have ever seen, so ruff it looks like it was put on with a roller, dry spray I can get my primer to have a better finish, I wet sanded it some, but it is thin also, oh well, it's kinda shiny.

I think that is all I'm doing today.

Jim_M

I had the sort of the same kind of day, with a slight twist. It was sunny and 52 today. I got up early and cleaned the dead stuff out of the flower beds, raked the stones out of the yard, picked up sticks out of the yard, then decided to till the gardens. It was dry enough, the ground is thawed and I figured it would give me a head start later when it's time to plant.

Then after lunch I decided to work on a project tractor that I've had sitting around all winter, that's when it all went bad. I spent $75.00 on parts and worked on it all afternoon, every knuckle is bleeding and the tractor is no better off than it was when I bought it last summer. Now I'm mad at it, and have other stuff that I should have been doing instead of working on this tractor so I think I'm going to cut my losses and make somebody a hell of a deal on it.

Oh well at least the day started out good.

bowtiebutler956

Don't feel bad Kelly, I have days like that quite often. I didn't even leave the house until 10 this morning, laid around and watched saturday morning cartoons with my kids. When I got to the shop my mom called me, and needed some help lifting a few things, well when I finally got back to my shop, I proceeded to start porting a cylinder head for one of my little off road buggies, and nicked the valve seat with my die grinder, now I have to take it to the machine shop and have the seat reground! :banghead: After doing more damage than good today, I decided to call it quits, and come home. I think I should have stayed home.

I hope this makes you feel better. It's been my experience that misery loves company! :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

zieg72

same here, woke at 5:30, packaged up 2 eBay auctions, got to the post office then back home. Worked on the water treatment system and scrounged a couple more eBay items and listed them. Need to work outside but too windy and cold. Picture perfect looking out the window though...

6wheeler

I am very busy today. Guess what? Here in south central Minnesota, It was 67 wonderful degrees. Only drawback, a steady 25mph SW wind :greetings-clappingyellow: . Who cares :banana-tux: . Its gorgeous out. I was so busy today, I fired up the Bobcat put my I-beam drag on and did the driveway and all of the parking area. I think the frost came out and all the water went in, NO MUD :icecream: . I even had to talk myself into washing Ma's car. Even the gravel road isn't muddy anymore. :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: Don't worry Kelly, there IS hope on the horizon. Now I'm gonna have a few beers and GRILL. Oh yeah, I may seem to be gloating.............. Because I AM :teasing-whipyellow:

whfan74

I had the sort of the same kind of day, with a slight twist. It was sunny and 52 today. I got up early and cleaned the dead stuff out of the flower beds, raked the stones out of the yard, picked up sticks out of the yard, then decided to till the gardens. It was dry enough, the ground is thawed and I figured it would give me a head start later when it's time to plant.

Then after lunch I decided to work on a project tractor that I've had sitting around all winter, that's when it all went bad. I spent $75.00 on parts and worked on it all afternoon, every knuckle is bleeding and the tractor is no better off than it was when I bought it last summer. Now I'm mad at it, and have other stuff that I should have been doing instead of working on this tractor so I think I'm going to cut my losses and make somebody a hell of a deal on it.

Oh well at least the day started out good.

What model tractor Jim? LOL!

Jim_M

What model do need Scott?

whfan74

What model do need Scott?

I don't need anything.......sorry the afternoon didn't go as planned. We were chasing our tails today, so not as good as I would have liked either.

Jim_M

It's a 520-H. Watch for it on eBay soon....99 cents, no reserve, highest bidder owns it.

hm12460

I was up at the round table for coffee by 7 am, got home around 9, put a new frame hitch on the F-150 and called it good. The wind has been strong all week here. Thought about taking the chains and snow plow off of the 312H, I'll probably think about it for another week or 2.

Operator

Wanted to work in my shop but had a funeral down south in Rochester MN to go to, then when that was over went to Sams Club and stocked up, then as long as we were in the area we stopped in at the camp ground to visit our camper and a few camper buds. So no shop time today! Sunday I go back out truckin, so no shop time then.

Kelly, the same felling happens to me too, don't fell alone..

Hydro

Hate to tell you this Kelly but....the older you get the more often that will happen!....Sometimes what I did all day...takes me all day to do. Just sayin

:eusa-whistle:

Rollerman

Hate to say it, but I've had a lot of days like that this winter.

My work being seasonal...I try to keep busy with home improvements & tractor projects on my down time.

We'll be moving this spring, so the wife doesn't want to invest anymore into the house.....or my hobby. :hide:

I did have a good run in the shop for a bit fixing up a basket case 312-8, but since I've finished it I can't seem to get fired up on other projects.

Maybe tomorrow will be more productive.....need to get that new seat on my 417-8 yet. :confusion-confused:

JimD

For the most part yesterday was a wasted day here too. But today the wife and I are painting the living room ceiling. We did clean it yesterday but ran out of gas after that. She's a great motivator, "If you want dinner tonight, it's paint the ceiling today!". :ychain:

jay in nc

friday was that way for me . ive been trying to get my shop somewhat in order so i wont be to ashamed of it come april 28and all i managed to do was sit on the stool & stare at the R J-59 on the work table and everything else that needs to be done . heck with it go get a coke & a little debbie sat. was much better. jay