Sign in to follow this  
TravisLee

will my horse run a pump sprayer

TravisLee

will the electrical sytem on my work horse hold a pull behind pump sprayer? I also want to install headlights. 71 work horse 800

gwgdog66

Like a 25 gal pull behind sprayer from Tractor supply?? Alligator clips onto the batter type deal? My 312-8 did just fine last weekend. I don't see a problem as long as your alternator is charging the battery.

kpinnc

You should be fine, but if not- it can also run it from the PTO with a mechanical pump. I used a 4-roller "Silver cast" roller pump from Hypro, and a 25-gallon tank setup from Northern Tool:

tractor102.jpg

tractor104.jpg

tractor101.jpg

• Like 2

TravisLee

Yes it's a 25 gallon sprayer like the one pictured(nice setup btw). I had a headlight on it rigged up over the summer but it would go dim but eventually go out. I think it was just a bad ground because it seems to charge fine now.

bowtiebutler956

I ran a setup like that on mine for a long time with no problems, battery stayed up just fine. :twocents-02cents:

Matt :flags-texas:

kpinnc

Yes it's a 25 gallon sprayer like the one pictured(nice setup btw). I had a headlight on it rigged up over the summer but it would go dim but eventually go out. I think it was just a bad ground because it seems to charge fine now.

Sounds almost like my tractor when I had a few too many lights on it. I was just barely over budget on my charging amps. That meant once the battery died- it was all over. Day time operation was fine, the battery charged normally. I only had problems with all the lights running.

All the electric pumps should have a rating for required amps or watts. That info should tell you if you have enough power to handle it under normal conditions. I would think you'd be fine regardless though. Most of those sprayers that size have pretty small pumps.

Iggy68

Here is the one I built for the back of the 953. The picture is before I had it plumbed and the nozzles on the arms.

post-2285-0-24093100-1331347674_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Hodge71

If youre that close on amps you can install LED lighting for headlights. They draw next to nothing and light like the sun!!!