Sign in to follow this  
Ron Ethridge

Good Luck Pullers in 2012

Ron Ethridge

Our club (Dixie Dirt Pullers - here in South Georgia) kicks off our season this coming Saturday, March 10th, at 4:00PM. We have two tracks that we will be pulling at. If anyone is interested we have a Facebook page at Live Oak Motorsports. Not too much happening on the facebook page, but things should heat up at the track this weekend (if we don't get rained out).

I hope you guys have a good year pulling!

Ron Ethridge

I didn't. Finished about mid pack of 14 in my class. I tried to "speed up" my tractor with a larger pulley I had laying around, and the sticky track got all my rpms. I am changing pulleys tomorrow.

redfox1

Hi Ron. What gear do pull in? What class do you pull in? Nosy huh?

Thanks, Redfox1

Ron Ethridge

I pull in our Limited Stock belt class - max 25hp, no mods to engine, open rpm, cut non specialty tires. That class has a lot of 25 kohlers, one big Wisconsin two cylinder, Onans, and my 19 Kawasaki. I always run in 2nd gear. I just had to replace the transaxle.

No problem with asking questions. I'm just an older guy playing with an old Wheelhorse. :)

redfox1

Thanks Ron, I was curious about slowing down a third gear pull with a smaller engine pulley. Might I run into belt tensioning problems or other minor glitches? I have been pulling cubs,but it was going to be too much money to upgrade into the mod class(clutch and gears are expensive) so I got a 414-8 and a 20hp command mated up now. Still needs a few things to be ready,that's why so many questions :). Thanks,Redfox1

Pics soon!

Ron Ethridge

I have a heavy spring hooked to my clutch and the "B" belt. I have run a modified .060 over Kohler single, and a modified Vanguard with the same setup. Never had any problems with hooking - just busted a coupla transmissions. I have had to swap pulleys to get the right combo for rpms and speed (depending on the track conditions). We pull short tracks down here in South GA - 150 feet. I've been pulling the same old Wheel Horse since 1998.

redfox1

Thanks for all the good info Ron. I'll be pulling on 150 to 300 foot tracks,better stock up on pulleys. A couple tracks have good bite, but most of them are loose. we don't have seperate classes for belt drives,gotta go up against those cubs. i'll try and do :wh: people proud.

Redfox1

Ron Ethridge

Just a picture of my Wheel Horse pulling two weeks ago. We have another pull tomorrow:

WheelHorse2.jpg

AMC RULES

We need more picts of your machine posted here Ron. :thanks:

Ron Ethridge

Same pull - another shot:

WheelHorsepuller1.jpg