Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

"Barn Fresh" '60 Suburban

gapper

Very nice find!! Some guys have all the luck! Need to get me one of those.

CTPATRIOT

Nice looking patina!!!

Sparky

Matt (or anyone else) ? What makes those front rims suburban specific rims? I have a pair of these with matching tires and tubes in my shed. This a pic of the front and back of the same rim with 4.80x8x4 rubber. Are these suburban type rims?

post-2-0-54533900-1330987568_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-59536300-1330987585_thumb.jpg

Mike............

Rooster

The Suburbans had a 3 1/2" center section on the rims.

There are some other rims that fit, but most I believe had a 4" center.

Those are not suburban rims, suburbans did not have the 2 holes.

Well now after typing that I see that thisone does...lol, so to correct myself...

elephino?

Ohh...AND GREAT find!

Sparky

Thats why I asked, my round hood knowledge is terrible. So these might be suburban rims? Or does Matt's new ride not have suburban rims at all?

Mike...........

grnlark

Hey Mike, If we determine that those will work, are those available for sale or just for illustration? :pray:

Sparky

Hey Mike, If we determine that those will work, are those available for sale or just for illustration? :pray:

Yep, they are available. I dont see a round hood in my future.

Mike..........

wheelhorsec85

HAY MATT VERY NICE SCORE :scared-ghostface:

dgoyette

Great score Matt! A suburban is on my list of a must have...eventually. Awesome if Mike can help you out with those sweet front rims he has.

grnlark

The rim hub measures 4.5" deep bearing to bearing. And they ARE filled with calcium. I can hear it sloshing around in the tires and they weigh a ton.

VinsRJ

The rim hub measures 4.5" deep bearing to bearing. And they ARE filled with calcium. I can hear it sloshing around in the tires and they weigh a ton.

Just the way we like'em! :angry-nono:

grnlark

Had an opportunity to give it the bath it deserved. So here it is in its final work clothes. I took the advice of one of the auto trainers at work who previously owned 4 body shops in FL. He said Purple Power/Castrol Super Kleen is to harsh for paint (we know) and Simple Green is too weak (agree with that as well). He said to get the best of both worlds you need something like Bleech-White for whitewalls and white letter tires. He said it has just enough of an acidic base to cut through oil/grease etc. but is mild enough to be safe on paints. This is the second time I've used it and he is absolutely correct. The stuff works great.

AMC RULES

Cleaned up really nice Matt, looks like it's ready for that spit shine now. :popcorn:

Ken B

Looks real nice Matt. Have you tried firing her up yet?

Are the front rims rotted thru? maybe dismount the tires, clean the rims up, put new tubes in and try too save the old tires? Its almost a must to put some kind of fluid back in there for weight. The front ends come up real easy, been there!

COMMANDO1

Sweet find....i would luv 1 or should i say my wife. I would like to spify 1 up for her for a yard cleaner uper. I have not seen 1 around here anywhere