Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

clevis hitch plow.

rustbucket

at the guy i got the 702 from he showed us a plow that was sitting in thick heavy weeds pulled it out and it was wheel horse red. is this a brinley plow or some one elses manufacture?

070508_1947a.jpg

Teddy da Bear

It looks exactly like my two Brinley plows. I cannot say if Wheel Horse looked like that or not.

rustbucket

thank you mike. it all turns free and i shot some WD-40 into key areas just to help with lube.

HorseFixer

at the guy i got the 702 from he showed us a plow that was sitting in thick heavy weeds pulled it out and it was wheel horse red. is this a brinley plow or some one elses manufacture?

Brinley was an ALLIED ATTATCHMENT Co. For Wheel Horse Amoung Others, A Wheel Horse Plow Used A Turn Buckle To Move The Threaded Adjustment. My Wheel Horse PP-8 Plow Has A Turn Buckle.

Good Find! B)

Duke

rustbucket

yeah i think it was a steal at 10.00

Rideawaysenior

They sure are. I picked one up at the show this year for $50.00. It's a bit late in the season but in order to make sure it worked ok, I just had to try mine out. After figuring out how to get the most ideal digging depth, and finally realizing that Ag tires are worth the investment for this type of attachment I can attest that it will dig the full 10" of soil that it is designed to do.

kpinnc

yeah i think it was a steal at 10.00

Well Jason,

Even if the plow turned out to be junk (which it won't, because it's a Brinly), the price was right!

Kevin

rustbucket

well bad news i dont have a clevis hitch or the ground to use it on so it might be getting used as barter material for bits and peices but that is still to be seen later down the road. ill clean her up and repaint her wheel horse red. who knows might be at next years show with a sale tag on her.

rustbucket

070508_1947b.jpg

just thought id post the other pic from the other side of the plow so you all can see the whole frame set up this thing has.

rustbucket

sorry for the bad cell phone quality it took smaller pics and when blown up they well haze and fog out.

KyBlue

Shame your not closer... Id grab it from ya... Oh well!

Teddy da Bear

well bad news i dont have a clevis hitch or the ground to use it on
That ground your tractors are pictured on looks like it could use a plowing...lol

Now on my ground....It was so tough that I had a big farm tractor come in and "break" the soil for me first. The using the plows is easy each season.

I actually use my two plows in tandem on a drawbar on my 154 Lo Boy. Kind of like a "poor man's" two-bottom plow....lol

One of the plows I got for free, the other I believe I paid $50 -75 for.

rustbucket

well mike the two round noses are still at their locations i have yet to pick them up and that area in my avvy is well the leech feild cant plow that under cause the pipes are right there. and plus i live up in mountain and its rock several inches down anywhere else

Curmudgeon

My Brinley moldboard looks like the one you have pictured, here is my Wheel Horse moldboard:

plow.jpg

rustbucket

i kinda thought is was a brindley. just was painted red prolly by original owner.