Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Tiller belts

can whlvr

not to mess things up i just measured mine and i know its a 1599 from the dealer,it only measures 137 outside,i measured it 10 times and even used a strand of trailer wire taped in place,its a little tight but is from the dealer as it was pricey and i dont forget spending money like that,strange how they are different,probally not helping much is it kelly

Kelly

Well you guys are no help :ychain: the place I found uses OD for the belts, I hate to buy one and it not work returns there are a pain and return shipping cost, also I can have a few belts shipped for the same price as one belt, they have a 1/2" 5/16" tall x 141 long OD Kevlar wrapped belt with Kevlar cords, and they have the same but only 139" long OD, now I need to figure out what to do, anyone else have a new or near new belt to check???

Then I still need the belt size for the newer tensioner pulleys the ones that have the big guards on them, I have 2 of them but not sure what belt they use, I don't have a tiller no. to check

tgranthamfd

1/2" 5/16" tall x 141 long OD

That is pretty much what the measurment was on the new #1599 belt I measured, same width and height, a little more on the lenght, but I didn't have a very good measuring system, just a cloth sewing tape measure.

tgranthamfd

#110265 it was 142" and the #1599 at 139"

Kelly, did you ever figure out if either one of these belts was the one youwas looking for? I think the #110265 is for the newer style mounts and the #1599 is for the older style mid mounts. Just checking!!

Kelly

I have alot of irons in the fire this is just a side thing I'm working on, anyone know the size of the new style belt? but I'm still working on it, tring to find a qulity belt at a good price, price wise it is looking like about $25 for the old style belt, much better than $60 from Toro, but I want to make a order of a few belts to keep shipping down, so the prices stay low.

Tap53

Hi, just wanted to put my 1/4 cents worth in about Wheel horse belts vs Other belts.

Wheel horse belts are fractional belts, they will always be a little longer or shorter than any other brand, especially when they are tightened.

An old friend friend of the family worked for Gates Rubber Company for 32 years, He gone now, but he actually showed Dad and I the difference

by cutting new a WH belt #???? and then cutting a new Gates belt which was crossed over and there was a .375 difference in length.

Also, Wheel horse belts are made of a special compound to take the heat of running and flexibility...$

anyway, I don't buy WH belts, I get the ones from fleet farm, don't remember the brand right now, but over the last 8 years I think Ive tried at least 5 different brands of belts an they seem to hold up pretty good.

Good Day

Prater

I am thinking this 1599 belt from terry is still too short. I cant pull the idler arm back so that the belt wont rub when running. This belt was 141+ long.

IMG_2518.jpg

bk-scouter

Kelly-

I know I pm'd you on this before, but I would like to share what I have that works on my tiller.

I have model #79370, 1996 manuf. year tiller on my '99 314-8.

P4160148.jpg

Obviously, this is a newer setup than others. I have a Toro belt on it, #110265. It measures 141" on the outside with only about 10 hours of use on the one year old belt.

I hope this helps!

-BK

Prater

I just had the Wheelhorse/Toro 1599 belt measured at Dagwell Dixie on their belt measure machine and it was 139 inches on the outside measurement. This is the belt that Terry gave me after he measured it.

Rooster

I have alot of irons in the fire this is just a side thing I'm working on, anyone know the size of the new style belt? but I'm still working on it, tring to find a qulity belt at a good price, price wise it is looking like about $25 for the old style belt, much better than $60 from Toro, but I want to make a order of a few belts to keep shipping down, so the prices stay low.

With the racing mowers, we put belts to the extreme. I am talking sometimes 60HP or more, and 8000rpm+.....we pull hard on them and get them hot.

Most of us use Rotary Red belts.

My team mate is a dealer for rotary, and I am pretty sure he can beat that price. I think we get our belts for around $15-$20.

If you would like to talk to him Send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with him.

liketoplayto

kelley i just bought the other belt for a workhorse the other built is for a twin cylinder the 1599 is for a single cylinder engine there is 2 inch diffrence in size of the belts the twin takes 141 inch belt and the single only takes 139 inch belt the twin belt number is 110265 and the single cylinder is 1599 if thats any help to u and by the way do u have or know where guy can pick up some gently used tines for a c series tiller thanks wes

Justin Martin
On 3/6/2012 at 6:06 PM, Prater said:

I am thinking this 1599 belt from terry is still too short. I cant pull the idler arm back so that the belt wont rub when running. This belt was 141+ long.

IMG_2518.jpg

Hey what is the size of the larger pulley in the photo?