Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

Other states Meet & Greet

Teddy da Bear

I am really happy that we are having a meet & greet here in Michigan.

But what about the other states?

I would think at least Indiana would have some people interested in organizing a meet and greet there? B)

I would like to lend a hand and do whatever I could to help out.

rustbucket

what about us PA wheel horsers?? anyone around to do meet and greets here? i know sort of where TT lives but not really where where he lives

chevelletown

I have several guys here in central Indiana that are very interested in a meet & greet. I would love to host one late summer / early fall. B) What do you guys think?

HorseFixer

Stephen I and Ty Digger were wanting to organize one in Niles at Wal~Mart and would be a charity funtion. It kinda went on the wayside but she says that she was still thinking about having one maybe late August. We were also wanting to get something going for the apple festival parade here in Niles!

Duke

Buzz

what about us PA wheel horsers??

Jason we have one. It's called the Wheel Horse Show! B) There is also the Little Guys Show near York in May where a lot of members meet. July 17-18-19 is the Jacktown Show down in Bangor. Not many Wheel Horses but usually see someone from the group. Can't make it this year though.

Nick

until this year we had the Constatine Michigan show the last weekend of July. It was in a good location for Michigan, Indiana and Ohio people. It was bad to see that one go, that was nearly a small Wheel horse show.

There should be a fair turnout of WH people at the Portland show in August. But they are so uptight about using equipment during the show. B)

rustbucket

im goin to jack town fair just look for me and my dad wearing this years WHCC shirts from the big show. we did it yesterday at kutztown and got stopped several times by "other colour" tractor guys and asked all sorts of stuff.

Jim_M

I have several guys here in central Indiana that are very interested in a meet & greet. I would love to host one late summer / early fall. B) What do you guys think?

Ken,

I'm all for it, and hopefully I'll be able to make it to this one.

I thought about having one out at the farm this fall, but we've got the house all torn up and I'm not sure I'll get it put back together by then. Since nobody's living it right now, it's getting some much needed remodeling. The biggest problem with that is there's no running water at the moment and that means...........no toilet. There's always the country boy toilet though............behind the barn.

Jim

Teddy da Bear

I have several guys here in central Indiana that are very interested in a meet & greet. I would love to host one late summer / early fall. biggrin.gif What do you guys think?
Ok Chevelletown.....you got the notion... Don't let the idea die like in some of these posts.

Go and check the map (where is everyone from) and send out personal emails to those in surrounding areas you think would be interested in coming. (Don't just hope they see a posting.) Even if you have only 3 or 4 people show up...it's a success!

Keep us all updated if you decide to host a get together!

Teddy da Bear

I thought about having one out at the farm this fall, but we've got the house all torn up and I'm not sure I'll get it put back together by then.

Jim.....no toiilette is not a serious problem. I wonder what it costs to rent a port-a-potty for a day? You could always put out a donation jar for the expense.

Or a dollar bill slot on the potty itself! B)

If you decide to make the effort.... Let us know...Keep us all updated!

Kelly

My wife thought about the porto potty thing but we never checked it out, I plan to do this next year if all goes well and that will be high on the list. Ken let use know if you are doing this, I would like to come if timming is good.

combatmp29r

I'm in Ken. Just let me know what you need help with.

Brrly1

Hey Teddy Da Bear Do you have something against Ohio? Just curious? Burly

B)

Teddy da Bear

No way Brrrly! I have my lucky "buckeye" in my pocket right now. Why do you ask?

Do I get the sense that you would like to put on a meet & greet? B)

What can I do to help?

If all you folks could get your event dates organized we could be going to a meet and greet almost every month here in the midwest.

TT

When are you hosting a meet-n-greet, Mike? B)

Curmudgeon

what about us PA wheel horsers?? anyone around to do meet and greets here? i know sort of where TT lives but not really where where he lives

Thought that was the Wheel Horse Collectors Club show! That's how it started at least!!!

Curmudgeon

My wife thought about the porto potty thing but we never checked it out, I plan to do this next year if all goes well and that will be high on the list. Ken let use know if you are doing this, I would like to come if timming is good.

ANYTIME more than a dozen people are expected, a porta potty is a good idea. Been, there, done that. Even without donations, which I'm sure could be gotten readily, it would be money well spent!!!!

TT

A few of us actually got together at the spring NAMA show at the beginning of June, but it wasn't really planned or organized. B)

Have to wait & see what the fall show produces as far as the Eastern division of RS members. I can't afford to do a big social gathering at my house because of my current (un)employment situation, but I'd be glad to show the members where the hot pork sammich trailer is at the show! :whistle:

rustbucket

anyone in PA going to jack town fair??

Teddy da Bear

I was thinking of it before Kelly offered. And I am so glad he did. If you look back to the original posts you can see how it evolved.

I am handicapped and that does make things a little tougher at times. It is easy for me to plan and make suggestions....it is tougher for me to do the physical work.

Right now I am trying to help out and be supportive.

When are you having yours?

TT

The weekend after Labor Day..... but it includes an antique machinery show about 18 miles away. (4 straight days of smoke, steam, and gas -- and that's not even at the show! :whistle: )

Besides -- I have a RS meet-n-greet here at the house several times a week as it is now....

since all three people here are members. B)

linen beige

and send out personal emails to Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and Ohio people.

What about us hickbillys in Kentucky? I could probably make it to something as long as it's not in the northwest corner. Might even throw some red in the truck for the trip.

Course right here at home we have the Ky. Horse Park!

And the world's fastest harness racing track, The Red Mile!

Both places have great names for a gathering location, I just don't know how much trouble it would be to get use of their space.

wh500special

(4 straight days of smoke, steam, and gas -- and that's not even at the show! :whistle: )

Very clever! B)

Teddy da Bear

Sorry Jim.....did not mean to leave anyone out.

I am sure if a person wanted to come from Alaska....they would be most welcome at any Meet & Greet.

Curmudgeon

Actually, that might be how I get to one. If Ohio, Indiana or Illinois had one on say, a sunday, and it wasn't TOO far from their northern borders... I'd crash it without a thought!