Terry M

Terry,s 606 restoration

Terry M

Martin, I've noticed once in a while the illistrations in manuals are sometimes genaric or just not accurate. Part #s on the other hand are usually right-on (to me anyway). What are you working on these days??

Martin

still finishing up the 1057. some minor teething problems.....

also working on fixing all the annoying worn out stuff on the worker 1277,

maybe kicking around a few different ideas for my next big build as well.......

Ken B

You are doing a very nice job! I can't wait to see it all finished.

Terry M

You are doing a very nice job! I can't wait to see it all finished.

Thanks Ken, It's slow but sure to get done
  • Like 1

massey

That is going to be a sweet looking tractor. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Terry M

found some time to get back to working on the 606. Slow but sure it'll get done. Here some recent pics. Got tired of trying to bang those imperfections out of the hood so I went the bondo route. I think it'll look ok, not perfect but ok.

post-5864-0-98512400-1341888243_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-25599100-1341888289_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-61407400-1341888350_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-91991300-1341888382_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-75167100-1341888502_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-41643300-1341888584_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Terry M

My second full time job,Double Trouble on the 606.

post-5864-0-10704800-1341888749_thumb.jp

• Like 2

dclarke

Lookin good Terry! :thumbs: Great choice on the tires!

bowtiebutler956

Wow Terry, that looks fantastic!! :woohoo: The seat looks really good, and I like the way the tires look as well, but my favorite is the pic of it with the two very happy kids sitting on it!!! :text-datsphatyo: There's nothing wrong with using a little bondo to smooth things out, thats what its for. That :wh: is going to be a real attention getter! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Jake Kuhn

Its looking good. :bow-blue: You might have to do some more,because they look like they want to steal your tractor :ychain: Jake

Terry M

Thanks, I know I haven't gotten very far but its slowly and surely going to get done someday. Anybody know whats used to keep the hood on the hinge? when I got it I thought there was a couple cotter pins or nails used. for now I used a couple of those small hitch pin clips.

COMMANDO6

I love when these tractors cast a tall shadow so that it looks like a big old farm tractor like in your fifth picture. Great job on the resto by the way.

Mine uses a hairpin-looking cotter pin through a rod to hold the hood on.

chris hall

dang !!!!!! this makes me want to paint my 657.

chris hall

Had the Tires mounted today. Now I just need to finish the trans and paint the frame and other parts so I have a rolling frame to work with. I'll just wait for good weather instead of complaining all the time :deadhorse: . How was the weather in texas Matt?

6-12 bar tires and tri ribs are hard to beat !!!!

speedyleedy

Great looking tractor terry ! nice job on it so far :bow-blue: can't wait to see it done ! :)

Terry M

The engine will be gone through this winter . just going to get it going for now. Still waiting on a few HH60 parts from partstree and then I'l fire it up and see how it runs. :tools-wrench:

post-5864-0-80384900-1341948419_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-58643000-1341948485_thumb.jp

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I never liked a teccy till I fell in love with a H60!Its the only Tecumseh I would have in my stall!They are ready to work upon fire up!I too will go through on this winter.Your 606 sure is purdy!

• Like 2

bowtiebutler956

Any updates Terry?

Terry M

Any updates Terry?

Just waiting to paint the hood and a few other small things like the rear hitch I bought and some attatchamatic parts for the deck. The problem is that its so humid up here I don't want to risk the paint job. waiting for better weather. Bought a really nice WH dump cart and a mold-board plow for the 606. I'll be picking them up on the way to and from the Charlotte show. Kind of excited...My wife just rolls her eyes :scratchead: They just don't get it... Did get andrews lawn ranger running :) .

Sorry Matt, wish weather wasn't so up and down this tear. How are you doing doing there with the heat?

bowtiebutler956

I'm Melting, I'm Meeeelting!! :ychain: Its hot, but I'm OK. Glad to here about your new attachment, I would really like to own a dump kart. So, do you have any pics of Andrew"s lawn ranger? :wwp:

COMMANDO6

Commandomayo, I agree. Teccys have a bad reputation, but my H60 is always ready and willing to work.

• Like 1

Terry M

I'm Melting, I'm Meeeelting!! :ychain: Its hot, but I'm OK. Glad to here about your new attachment, I would really like to own a dump kart. So, do you have any pics of Andrew"s lawn ranger? :wwp:

yes Matt,look under the wheel horse tractor section and look for my " found a new horse" topic. I think right now its on page 3. heres a quick pic to look at.

post-5864-0-48723700-1342559997_thumb.jp

bowtiebutler956

Thats a great looking lawn ranger, and I'm sure your son is proud! I don't know how I missed that thread, but I've read it now, and I'll be following it. :woohoo:

Terry M

Thats a great looking lawn ranger, and I'm sure your son is proud! I don't know how I missed that thread, but I've read it now, and I'll be following it. :woohoo:

Matt, have another thread going on andrews engine. look in engine section under" H60 tecumseh problem" had it running the first day really good then the next day it died. been throwing lots of parts at it.....check it out.

bowtiebutler956

I'll do that.

Matt, have another thread going on andrews engine. look in engine section under" H60 tecumseh problem" had it running the first day really good then the next day it died. been throwing lots of parts at it.....check it out.

I'll do that.