Terry M

Terry,s 606 restoration

Terry M

all trans parts cleaned and ready to install. I wanted to paint the trans caseings first, but I'll wait for warm weather and do it after the trans is done.

post-5864-0-88395600-1335114347_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-11366600-1335114381_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-73963100-1335114416_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-53532700-1335114478_thumb.jp

Martin

looking good terry! hey, i really enjoyed doing my first trans. good experience. nice when everything is cleaned up and you get to put it together with new seals and bearings. good that the stuff is easily available....

on painting the trans. i did my casings for the 1057 while apart, but only because i did them in powder. the trans on my 1054 was done with rattle cans and trans was together. much easier. and you get some paint across that join between the halves.

when painting it apart you can see the gasket and bare mating surfaces, thats the only thing i dont like about the way i did the 1057 one.

bowtiebutler956

Looking good Terry! :thumbs: You got that thing clean enough to eat off of. :woohoo: Oh, buy the way, the high for today is 87 with clear blue skies. :teasing-poke:

Matt :flags-texas:

Terry M

Ya, thats true martin-I think it will look better painting after the trans is together :thumbs: Thanks Matt, I want it as good and clean as I can. Oh, by the way....I hope your a/c breaks down... :ROTF:

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Ya, thats true martin-I think it will look better painting after the trans is together :thumbs: Thanks Matt, I want it as good and clean as I can. Oh, by the way....I hope your a/c breaks down... :ROTF:

I feel the Love. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Martin

I feel the Love. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

air conditioning is for babies......

i remember when i was a kid, we had no airconditioners, and i had to walk uphill to school 25 miles both ways in the summer heat with no shoes, no hat, no sunscreen, a heavy school bag, and had to hunt for dinner on the way home. :ROTF: :ROTF: :flags-australia:

• Like 1

Terry M

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

bowtiebutler956

If my a/c broke down Terry, I'd be fine, but I'd have to send my wife up there to cold country to stay at your house. :ychain: There's an idea, I'll send my wife up there to hang out with your wife, and you come down here, and we'll work on our Horses in the middle of my living room floor. I've always wanted to do that. :ROTF: :ROTF: You too Martin! :teasing-poke: Come on.

dclarke

Your tranny really cleaned up nice Terry, looks like it'll be good as new when you're done. :thumbs: Keep the pics coming.

Terry M

If my a/c broke down Terry, I'd be fine, but I'd have to send my wife up there to cold country to stay at your house. :ychain: There's an idea, I'll send my wife up there to hang out with your wife, and you come down here, and we'll work on our Horses in the middle of my living room floor. I've always wanted to do that. :ROTF: :ROTF: You too Martin! :teasing-poke: Come on.

well Matt, that sounds good to me!

Terry M

Took a few snapshot while I put the tranny together. everything went good, but those bearings went in harder than i thought they would.

post-5864-0-34864000-1335145428_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-31121200-1335145484_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-36778400-1335145518_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-79767700-1335145531_thumb.jp

Terry M

put the caseings together and every thing seems to turn and shift good. Had a problem with the brake seal popping off during the test assembly. so I just waited to reinstall it.

post-5864-0-82689200-1335145946_thumb.jp

Terry M

did the final assembly and it went good ! painted the gasket surface on both sides of caseings with lock-tite brand gasket sealer before installing gasket. Stuff is suppost to work really good. bought some new hardware and bolted every thing together and reinstalled oil seal on brake shaft. all seem to go well!

Installed shifter for the real test. all gears work and turn well ,shifts smooth and works flawlessly. Now the real test will be when I fill it with oil , attatch it to a frame with wheels and an engine drive it.

post-5864-0-66428300-1335146821_thumb.jp

Martin

so will you be test driving it tomorrow? :dunno:

just kidding.......

i still havent test driven mine yet.......... :hide:

bowtiebutler956

Nice work Terry! I'll bet that tranny works like a champ! :thumbs:

Terry M

Here is picture of the frame and front axel stuff waiting for paint. also shown is a picture of my parts pile :) . almost forgot, had to include a photo of my assistant!!!

post-5864-0-82995200-1335147047_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-74942200-1335147114_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-52830300-1335147809_thumb.jp

Terry M

so will you be test driving it tomorrow? :dunno:

just kidding.......

i still havent test driven mine yet.......... :hide:

I wish I was Martin,I wish I was!!!!! :auto-layrubber:

bowtiebutler956

Hey Terry, thats a good lookin assistant you have there. That's the best assistant a guy could have, I love having my son working with me! :thumbs:

Terry M

Hey Terry, thats a good lookin assistant you have there. That's the best assistant a guy could have, I love having my son working with me! :thumbs:

Yes Matt, He's the best helper a guy could have. ( and he loves Tractors!, just like his Dad)
  • Like 1

Terry M

Well...I finally got some more done. Here is a few pics :) .

post-5864-0-40722300-1337192805_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-84232700-1337192862_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-17703900-1337192894_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-57269900-1337192932_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Terry M

And here is the rolling frame. Took a while to get to this point , but Its nice to see something resembling a Tractor. Had to put on a couple of Glens parts on just for fun and see how they look. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Pushed it around the yard like a kid in a sandbox to try out the trans. everything feels and sounds good. It's really nice to have a 3rd gear back!

post-5864-0-59716000-1337193300.jpg

post-5864-0-43366600-1337193324.jpg

post-5864-0-83712500-1337193356.jpg

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Nice job Terry. Those transmissions are pretty easy to work on once you've had one apart. I like your tire choice.

wheelhorse656

Looking good cant wait to see it finished!!

Martin

looking good terry. youre well on your way now......

for me, this is the one time in the build where you finally feel that something is progressing from all your work....... :thumbs:

dclarke

It's sure feels good to get them back on four wheels Terry. Hope yours progresses faster from this point than mine has. I really like your choice of tires. :thumbs: What's next?