Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

What would you do?

BairleaFarm

Ive got a 73 4sd 8hp tractor with a kohler that os in 10,00 pieces. I needs a new crank, cam, and valves plus some other stuff. The body is fairly straight but is missing the seat pan, seat and all levers having to do with the deck lift. The throttle and choke cables are junk. The hubs are mismatched and one is broken in half. One rear and one front tire hold air the other 2 do not but they could be tubed.

The other is a t1077 with a 10hp kohler than runs great while the tractor is sitting so im sure it would run good while under a load. Its got the hydrostatic drive but appears to be missing all kinds of levers and what not. The hood is bent up and the frame seems to flex when you shake the engine left to right. The rear tires are good and the front tires are good but little.

My wife wants me to get rid of a tractor seeing how ive got a c160 coming tomorrow. She may forget and Ill probably be able to keep all three.

What would you do? Swap the engine from the t1077 to the 73 4 speed and swap rear tires. Clean up and paint the t1077 and get rid of the 4speed. Swap rear ends? Mix and match all the parts to get the best tractor from the two of them. Or hope she never says anything again and keep them all, find another engine?

DSCF2000.jpg

DSCF1999.jpg

HorseFixer

My wife wants me to get rid of a tractor seeing how ive got a c160 coming tomorrow. She may forget and Ill probably be able to keep all three.

You tell her "THE DUKE" said NO WAY and the tractors are Stayin!!! "ALL THREE" No Questions Asked! B)

Really What ya need to do is give her something she wants.... :whistle: "NO NOT THAT! Take her out to eat try the honey bun sugar pie thingy stuff. Before the end of the night she will be putty in yer hands.

If all else fails and it doesn't work then take it apart and hide the parts till she forgets about it! B)

Duke

BairleaFarm

Truth be told im sure i can keep them all. I think the time will pass with her as long as I keep everything clean and organized.

Looks like you have A LOT of parts to locate - especially the DCL, hydro fan and screen, and the drive belt guard. I wish you the best of luck.

This quote from TT almost makes me wanna swap rear ends and sell the hydro unit.

HorseFixer

Truth be told im sure i can keep them all. I think the time will pass with her as long as I keep everything clean and organized.

This quote from TT almost makes me wanna swap rear ends and sell the hydro unit.

Sometimes a man hast do what he hasta do! B) hopefully she will understand!

Duke

linen beige

Like I've said before, you just need to get an acurate count of her shoes, if you can find them all.:wtf:

OR...When she tells you to get rid of a tractor, just ask "Why?" Listen closely to her answer and remember it forever, it may come in handy for later strategic planning. B)

hodge

You could take her out somewhere really expensive... the gas station! B) If you make it Sheets, at least you can get her a sub or something...

KyBlue

I wish we had a sheetz around here...

David... I agree...count her shoes and take her someplace nice... She'll forget or lighten up eventually... maybe many many years down the road...

BairleaFarm

She hasn't said any thing since yesterday afternoon? B) I think the pregnancy made her forget already.

Teddy da Bear

My dad always had the answer. He said he would just trade mom in on a new model. Mom would give him a dirty look (she knew he was teasing), but she left him alone.....lol And he got pretty much what he wanted to get. And so did she.

I have thought of applying this tactic on my wife. But I got this vision:

Wife --------> B) <---------One of my tractors B)

So.....I usually just say "yes dear".

But seriously....can she be bribed? Can you do something or buy her something she would like? You scratch her back and she will scratch yours! (maybe)

B) She's pregnant??? Then all bets and tactics are off!

Your butt is hers for now. :whistle:

BairleaFarm

Yeap, she was due yesterday. Shes not happy but hasnt mentioned them today.

Teddy da Bear

B) If she was due yesterday and your fussing with tractors....

Bad......very baddddddd...

She and the "hormones" will get the idea that the tractors are more important than her and the baby. (women with raging hormones get nutty ideas like that).

Play it very low-key and pay them loads of attention.

You may luck-out

linen beige

My dad always had the answer. He said he would just trade mom in on a new model.

B) She's pregnant??? Then all bets and tactics are off!

Your butt is hers for now. :whistle:

I traded my first one for a new (and improved) model 16 years ago and am very happy with the results. :banghead: First one was all static, but no hydro. Second is a stick drive!

What do you mean his butt is hers for now? For the next 18 years at least!

But honey, our little angel will grow up so fast, that if I don't get this thing running as soon as I can, he/she will be married and gone before they can ever drive it! And since it's for our child I want it to be right. B)

So far that one has worked for me. B)

Oh! and congrats on the new addition! B) Hope everything turns out OK.

BairleaFarm

Well, the frame is junk on the 1077. Where the frame bolts to the rear end and under the hood stand. I think im going to put that motor on the 73 4speed and go from there. Ill keep the 1077 for parts.

kj4kicks

I have a spare frame if you change your mind.... B)

Teddy da Bear

I think Eldon is trying to cause trouble.... B)

kj4kicks

I think Eldon is trying to cause trouble.... :whistle:

Me ? Cause trouble ? Naaaaahh !

I just have a soft spot in my heart for the 1077 models, since that was my first one.

Sorry... B)

Curmudgeon

Bit off topic, I'm SO good at that!!!, but isn't there something not quite right about wheel and tire sizes on both of those tractors?