Sign in to follow this  
caddisman

Transmission Gear Lube Change

caddisman

I have a Wheelhorse 14 Tractor and just got finished flushing the transmission. It has 8 speed Auto Transmission. I then tried to refill with 2 Qrts of gear lube and it took me 1 1/2 hours to put in the first qrt. I'm slowly putting it in where the dipstick goes. I keeps on trying to overflow no matter how slow I pour it in. Is there a quicker way? I really dont want to stand there for another 1 1/2 hours to put in the next Qrt. Thanks!

Martin

i think i remember kelly mentioning an easy way to do this was remove one of the bolts that holds on the toolbox/seat mount in the top of the trans. if your near the filler you should be able to see them. not sure if they all go through the case of the trans though. make sure to clean around the bolts first before removal to keep any dirt etc out. this was for a 520 hydro, not sure if it will help, but its worth a try. you said you had a 8 speed auto. either its an 8 speed stick or hydro(auto) but not both.

im guessing by the qty of oil that its an 8 speed.

Martin

check out this post....

and kellys......

rmaynard

On my B-100's I remove the dipstick, then remove the dipstick tube. That leaves you with a 3/4" diameter hole in which to pour the 90w oil.

caddisman

Wow! Thanks you guys. The first Quart took 1 1/2 hours, The 2nd Quart took 1 1/2 Min. I pulled out one of the seat mounting bolts and it worked like a champ. The dipstick tube idea is another great idea that I didn't think of. I love this site! A dummy like me can get all the answers I need ! Thanks you guys very much.

Take care,

Anthony