Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

Old Thresher's Renuinion, Denton NC

kpinnc

I thought I'd just put up a few pics of our local show, just for the heck of it...

I had hoped Chris (whchris) would be able to go to this with me, as he was here in NC visiting relatives, but he was leaving and heading home today. Maybe next time...

This was the 38th annual show, and even though I've lived here for 15 years, I've never been. My FIL and I decided to check it out this year, since it was only about 20 miles away.

Very few Wheel Horses there, but there were a few. Mostly big tractors, pullers, and ALOT of steam and coal powered machines on hand. Most definately a bunch of things I've never seen before.

Also the biggest show I've ever seen. They had busses from the parking lots to the show area, and there were about 15 acres of parking lots! It was more like a large county fair than a tractor show, at least in terms of size and attendance.

Didn't have the smalltown friendly "feel" of the WHCC show by any means though. Definately would have been better if it had.

Anyway, I posted just a few of the pics of some of the machines that stood out to me. There were probably 2500-3000 tractors on hand, but I just put a few of the pics in here. I know very little about most of the machines, but they were definately interesting.

Real coal burners:

Picture074.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Never knew there were so many LP powered tractors out there:

Picture094.jpg

Not part of the show, but I have always wanted one of these... B)

Picture111.jpg

This old Moline must be the heaviest thing on earth. I've never seen so much cast iron on the same 4 wheels!

Picture110.jpg

There were probably 200 or so Farmalls there. This one had a few modifications...

Picture108.jpg

Enough JD trikes around to fill a oil tanker...

Picture101.jpg

Picture082.jpg

A pregnant Porshe Sperm Whale...

Picture098.jpg

Only a few Wheel Horses...

Picture103.jpg

A beautiful Shaw Du All R6. Some real history with these things...

Picture090.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture092.jpg

A nice old Sears Suburban:

Picture080.jpg

A Pennsylvania thing-a-ma-jig... VERY heavy construction!

Picture104.jpg

A One-wheeled, single-row, front-engined, walk-behind cat masher....

Picture095.jpg

Let the jokes begin....

Picture096.jpg

And finally, the castrated farmer...

Picture076.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :whistle:B)B)

Kevin

kj4kicks

Nice pics Gator !

Thanks for sharing them with us. Always nice to see the other shows.

"cat masher" LMAO !!

TT

B) COOL pics, Gator! :whistle:

See all them tiny tires on the front of those JD trikes though? :banghead:B)B)

Was the pink BN Farmall affiliated with Lorie "PINKY" Garland from Hickory, NC?

She usually has AC tractors though. B)

HER WEBSITE.

HorseFixer

Thanks Kevin looks like you had enough to look at! B) There a bunch of nice ones there! I really like the HO :whistle:

Duke

Rollerman

The pics are great Kevin & thanks for ading them here.

So I have to ask...do you & your FIL plan on going again?

The Shaw is a neat one too! B)

kpinnc

Thanks Guys!

Wish I could've taken more. There were some real gems mixed in with all the ugly stuff there! B)

Was the pink BN Farmall affiliated with Lorie "PINKY" Garland from Hickory, NC?

I can't say for sure TT, but I honestly didn't notice many "out of state" info tags on these machines. Saw quite a few JD's trimmed in pink instead of yellow too, but try as I might, my camera just refused to take a pic of those! B):whistle:

I really like the HO

One of my favorites too Duke!

So I have to ask...do you & your FIL plan on going again?

Well Stephen, we did agree to take a couple of our own WH machines next year. The show definately needs a few more!

There's also a big "garden tractor" show in Denver, NC in October. We'll definately have to check that one out...

Kevin

BPjunk

Kevin,

Ya' might have seen Ed Mayhew (the Wheel Horse decal guy) at the show as he was down there. I was supposed to go with to Denton also but got hung up and could not get ready in time. (I was supposed to leave at 4:00am friday but was not ready) B) Down in that part of the Carolinas they do build some mean sounding engines! B)

Thanks for the pictures. :whistle:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

kpinnc

Aww shucks Bill!

I didn't see Ed, there were so many people there Friday that I could've bumped into him and failed to recognize who he was!

If you guys plan to come to Denton next year, then we'll need to set up a "meet" spot!

Besides, I WILL be taking something red next time... The Wheel Horses were not properly represented there at all! Only a few of them, so we may need to fix that!

Kevin

T-Mo

Looked like a nice show, Kevin. Looks like a JD 140 H3 and a H1 trikes and a round fendered 110 trike. I like the Shaw, really neat and for a Sears, that one wasn't bad at all. B)