Sign in to follow this  
bowtiebutler956

B-80 PTO Rebiuld

bowtiebutler956

Hello everyone, I finished the resto on my b-80 awhile back, but during the process I realized my pto was shot, missing needle bearings, worn out clutch plate, etc. Well I used the link to the toro site here, and found that they do still sell these parts but the price. :scared-eek: Well, I did'nt have that much cash to spare with all the other parts I was ordering for my horse, so I found a used one on :techie-ebay:in fair condition and that is what I have been using to date. I continued searching for a better price on the parts I needed to rebiuld my original, and I finally found the place. Its a place called Majestic Hardware on ebay majesticshardware255. Anyway I thought I would pass on the good new to anyone who needed these parts, these are real factory toro parts not aftermarket. The prices are as follows, needle bearing #106769 $15, ball bearing #106947&109842 $15, clutch plate #103140 $62. All these prices are far cheaper than ordering from toro. The replacement clutch has more clutch surface area than my original did, It contacts all of the machined area on the back of the hub,and not just 3/4 of it like the original did. :woohoo: Oh yeah he also combine shipping, it only cost $6 to ship.

post-6076-0-64396700-1329608261.jpg

post-6076-0-17954000-1329608292.jpg

post-6076-0-81313300-1329608331.jpg

• Like 2

Sparky

Sound like you got some great prices. I assume there is clutch material under that clutch plate? Or do you have to adhere it yourself?

Mike........

can whlvr

good job :thumbs:

bowtiebutler956

Yes Mike there is, I meant to take a picture of the lining of the old and new clutch side by side to show how much more the new one has, but somehow I forgot. I will post a pic of that tomorrow. Matt

bowtiebutler956

Here are the pictures that show the difference on the amount of clutch surface area between the new replacement and the original. It's a big difference! Should have alot more holding power.

post-6076-0-00524700-1329699836.jpg

• Like 1

chris hall

i just rebuilt my pto too. we have a clutch rebuilder local that puts new material on the clutch disc for about $25.00. they also do the brake bands too.