Sign in to follow this  
Paul D.

Confessions of a horse-a-holic

Paul D.

I think that we all at some point make up excuses just to get some seat time on our horses. I am as guilty as any. I often take my kids on wagon rides in the woods just to get to spend some quality time on the tractor. Do the kids enjoy it? Sure they do and thats great because if I was just driving around out there by myself I might be looked down upon by my neighbors. So what are some of your guilty pleasures? I want some new excuses to get some extra seat time (especially with the weak showing winter has given us this year.

KC9KAS

I drove one of my tractors to the service station to air up the tires.

The air compressor in the garage would have done the job, but I wanted to ride the horse,

Pollack Pete

I keep my 416-H parked in my barn in front of my dump truck.You got it......every time I use the dump truck,guess what I have to get on and drive out of the way.Truly a sickness......

squonk

When I stained my fence, I threw the whole spray rig into my yard cart and towed it around with my 704. The sprayer has wheels and rolls easy but it made me feel like I had a "plantation" when I have an average size yard. :thumbs:

Forest Road

I fire up my horses everything I go north. Naturally I have to take each for a spin. My wife just rolls her eyes.

bowtiebutler956

My youngest son Danny age 6 loves tractors and is always asking for a ride, I never say "no". :text-lol:

AMC RULES

Tell me about it. I have two tenths of an acre, three good running tractors, a crazy amount of attachments, and I too am constantly fighting the desire to aquire more. :blink:

Hi everybody...my name is Craig, and I too am a Horse-a-holic. :text-woo:

post-3498-0-21602600-1329610974_thumb.jp

Paul D.

HI CRAIG :laughing-rolling:

Sparky

My dog needs to be walked everyday and I walk her in the woods half the time and ride a 656 the other half. Its just a hair over a mile.

Mike..........

Brrly1

When is enough, enough? The ol' lady says we can only drive one at a time!

Bah Humbug! I'll drive something up to the carryout just to get a Diet Dew. The truck runs fine. I also get bored and take one down the alley and cruise back on the sidewalk. One neighbor asks why I do that, and the other one responds because he wants to.

bowtieguy

Triplet grandsons (almost 5 yrs old) is all ya need to find a reason to fire up some horses!!...plenty of room to ride on the farm!!

Paul, you might want to "adopt" some kids for a weekend?

can whlvr

i snow blow a huge area so i can turn my truck and trailer around in the backyard,but i have 4x4 so i dont have too,but love the seat time

Paul D.

I actually snow blow 6 of my neighbors drives too. They always seemed to survive before I got the horse but I feel if I don't blow them out they will be stuck forever

speedyleedy

I have to fire all of mine up and ride them around about every 2 weeks to keep the batteries charge up you know ! :auto-swerve:

jay in nc

im constantly out clearing new paths in the woods building bridges, installing culverts just so i can walk the dogs better. you know the horses need exersize. jay

Hydro

Hey Craig, "two tenths of an acre"??? When you say it that way does it give you more room? :confusion-confused:

gd.pudge

I hitch the trailer up and take the three weiner dogs for a cruse

• Like 1

chris hall

me and my dad ride ours around his farm. i am going to take mine home soon as i get my building. not quite as much land here in the city thou.

Wheel-N-It

Some days I'd rather drive my WheelHorse than ride my Harley. Does anyone make an "Apehanger Handlebar Adapter" for a WheelHorse???

Van

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Hey Craig, "two tenths of an acre"??? When you say it that way does it give you more room? :confusion-confused:

Sounds better than the square footage, besides, I might can get more tractors on it that way. :dunno:

Hey, I'm a land baron, with a :wh: farm now Gary...don't bust my bubble. :ROTF:

Raider10

:UK: Most of you you guys across the pond seem lucky to have farms and flat land. I Have about three quarters of an acre of garden but its mostly a 1 in 3 slope. I struggle for grip on my horse if its its anything but dead dry and they don't particularly like side slopes. I have to use a 4x4 mountfield mower to cut the grass but dont need much excuse to play on the wheel horse.

Need to design a beer can holder ready for the summer now. :ychain:

KC9KAS

Some days I'd rather drive my WheelHorse than ride my Harley. Does anyone make an "Apehanger Handlebar Adapter" for a WheelHorse???

Van

That is understandable :ychain:

Kingwood990

I have been known to cut the grass 5 times in a week just so I can get seat time on the WH. I also have been known to just drive in a circle for a hour or two at the time.

sscotsman

:UK: Most of you you guys across the pond seem lucky to have farms and flat land. I Have about three quarters of an acre of garden but its mostly a 1 in 3 slope.

I bet a good percentage of "garden tractor enthusiasts" and collectors in the USA have typical rather small suburban "estates"! ;)

Sure, you do find the guys with several acres and small farms, but I would be willing to bet a large majority of Wheel Horse owners are running on less than an acre!

I have ten twentieths ;) of an acre myself, and I intend to use that acreage to "support" three or four tractors! :lol:

Scot

• Like 1

jusjeepn

Craig, I think my barn is as big as your property! :laughing-rolling: I drive mine around in the barn. I make an obsticle course out of the parts machines and attachments and drive the course when it's raining outside. :auto-driving: I only do it when it's raining so no one actually see's me doing it. Does that count? :ph34r: