Sign in to follow this  
Jon Steffen

wheel bar help

Jon Steffen

ok guys and gals out there in wheel horse land. i need help as u can seen in th photos i added these wheel bars are attached to the hitch. well one group i want to pull with won't let me run this set up. so i need some ideas of diffrent kinds of wheel bars that are easy to remove and that are not part of the hitch

would like to see photos or drawns of your ideas

thank you jon steffen

post-5723-0-51163400-1329588209.jpg

post-5723-0-30307400-1329588212_thumb.jp

post-5723-0-40992000-1329588217.jpg

JMW

I would say to use angle iron to bolt it to the axle tube.I'm building a set the same way for my sons c160.It will bolt on like a plow bracket on the axle.Just 4 bolts.Jim

Flatheadpuller

Whats wrong with it? Whats the reason you cant run it. Looks very nice. Yes you can use a piece of angle on each side of the axle tubes and pinch the tube with the angle and run a wheelie bar setup thats built for a cub. Like the aftermarkets wheelie bars that are sold. But I am still wondering whats wrong with what you have.

Flatheadpuller

When pinching the axle tube its not that strong of a attachment point. The twist on the wheelie bar when pinching the axle housing can break the bolts or steel thats pinching the housing. What you have there is far stronger. Still bothers me that you cant run what you have.

baerpath

When pinching the axle tube its not that strong of a attachment point. The twist on the wheelie bar when pinching the axle housing can break the bolts or steel thats pinching the housing. What you have there is far stronger. Still bothers me that you cant run what you have.

I have run into clubs that specify width between the wheely bars, not sure if thats the problem but might be.

On the axle tube type there definitly stronger and more stable that narrow ones Especially these ones without a cross brace

duane :twocents-02cents:

Flatheadpuller

Never thought about the width of them Duane. Good point. I had my wheelie bars on the first horse I built pinching the axle tubes. Had a couple good rides one day and come up on the wheelie bars pretty hard and they twisted on the tubes and broke the grade 8, 3/8 bolts I was using to pinch the tubes. Maybe a bigger bolt and some heavy guage steel would be needed. But I was using 1/2 inch plate for the pinching point at the axle tubes.

chris11
newwheels005.jpg

Jon Steffen

Whats wrong with it? Whats the reason you cant run it. Looks very nice. Yes you can use a piece of angle on each side of the axle tubes and pinch the tube with the angle and run a wheelie bar setup thats built for a cub. Like the aftermarkets wheelie bars that are sold. But I am still wondering whats wrong with what you have.

they cant be part of the hitch the wheel bars can not be on the hitch