Sign in to follow this  
Horse Fanatic

couple loader questions

Horse Fanatic

I'm putting a loader on a C-195. The subframe mounts to the mid tach-a-matic hitch and the rear axle only. Is the 1/2" rod with the "hooks" on it that carries the weight in the mid hitch sufficient to handle the weight of a loader with a full bucket?

Also, I want to add a hydraulic oil filter to the loader. Should it be on the suction or discharge side of the system (my wood splitter has it on the discharge side but I'm thinking you might want it before the pump?).

Thanks.

Kelly

I have a Kwik way loader on my 195 and I've had no issues yet with bending anything, and I agree I'd want the filter in line before the pump, but I'm no hyd. expert by no means.

Jim_M

Commmon practice is to put the filter in the return line and use a strainer (not a filter) on the suction line.

whlpny

The filter is always on the return side of the circuit. My C-195 has the backhoe subframe and the loader tied into the quickhitch with no issues so far and I've moved alot of wood with it this fall.

wallfish

My Ark loader attaches to the tractor the same way, never had an issue. The filter should go on the return, like others have said.

Horse Fanatic

Thanks guys, appreciate the info.

Nick

A lot of the weight from a fully loaded bucket will be transferred through the upright supports down to the front hitch or however you tie those supports into the tractor.