Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

New to me Wheel Horse

BairleaFarm

Its a model T1077 I picked this one up about a hour from here. OK looking tractor. The engine is a 10hp kohler and doesnt look like it will take much to get it running. The deck is kind of holey but appears to all be there and should be a good running deck. The tractor is missing a few pieces such as pedals and what not. There is not rust through and the Tires are so so. I also picked up these ag tires for 25$ maybe I paid too much because they are worn down but hey, they hold air.

DSCF1992.JPG

DSCF1991.JPG

DSCF1990.JPG

Dont mind the little tires up front. They role and hold air.

HorseFixer

I dont see the Ag pics bro but hey I dont think thats too much to pay for a decent set of rims. Ya can allways use them for spares! Doesn't hurt to have an EXTRA set layin around! B)

Duke

BairleaFarm

Well, I turned the fuel on, added a batt, and started it. B) Sounds great. A little loud with the straight pipe but still.

One question. How does the ignition switch work? If i turn it about 2/3 of the way the starter/gen turned the engine over and it starts. Do i leave it in that position? If i turn it either way it cuts off. Is the start / charge position the same on the key position?

rustyoldjunk

normally the switch should spring back just a little.from the little front tires and the straight pipe cut just the right height for maximum power it looks like that tractor has seen a pulling strip or too.wonder how they done with it.as for the ags i cant see the second post either but i have a set of 6-12 ags i bought used 15 years ago and still have the worn old tires on my tractor they never go down and they still bite good.

BairleaFarm

The belt was stretched tight between the drive pulley and the hydro pulley. It didnt touch the idlers or anything. The guys said this tractor had a bent rim and had those little ones left over from his puller.

TT

If the engine is turning over and starting with the key in the run position, then the switch is bad. If you continue to run it that way, it could destroy the starter/generator. At the very least, it probably will not charge the battery.

Looks like it already has the front Attach-Matic conversion, and that's at least a mid-70's mower deck.

BairleaFarm

The only numbers I saw on the deck are 0548ms05 and 04464 the label is smudged. It doesnt have a metal tag but a sticker instead. I dont even know if it will fit the tractor. Im not to worried as im getting a mow ready c160 tomorrow. This tractor doesnt have any pedals so i need to figure out some way to make it drivable to move it around until i get a pedal(s) set up. Why does the model number not work for me ont he toro site? id like to look at drawings for this tractor.

TT

Try 1277 (without the "T") The two IPL's are listed together, but the MPV didn't list 1077 in the index.

The deck is a 1986/7 48" unit and will fit on the 1077. It's a little big for that tractor, but it can be used. (since it already has the front bracket and tensioner I previously mentioned.)

BairleaFarm

Is there anything you dont know? I appreciate all the help youve given me and others. B) to you.