Sign in to follow this  
Raider12

Can we just skip to "Spring"?

Raider12

Since winter in the majority of the country has been very weak and most of us have not had a chance to use our snow plows or blower, I vote we just skip to spring? I want to install my mower on my tractor and mow grass. Anyone agree?

• Like 3

rmaynard

I am all for it. :thumbs: I don't necessarily want to mow grass, but I would like to get started on some outdoor projects that involve a little seat time.

AMC RULES

Considering the amount of snow we had around here this winter, I was thinking we already did. :eusa-think:

Stigian

As much as I like the snow (what we have had of it), I'm really struggling with the cold this year so an early spring would be nice :thumbs:

546cowboy

You mean there are people on here who only own ONE Wheel Horse???????? :laughing-rolling:

Callen

I just hope it don't get real cold now and hang on till June like it did last year.

Kelly

That's what I'm waiting for a long drawn out cold spell in to summer, I would rather have winter than what we have right now, the 40's are nice but the MUD sucks, I have a muddy trail from the house to the barn, getting sick of it.

btrrg1969

Since winter in the majority of the country has been very weak and most of us have not had a chance to use our snow plows or blower, I vote we just skip to spring? I want to install my mower on my tractor and mow grass. Anyone agree?

AGREE :thumbs:

varosd

trolling on Wikepdia and saw "the Blizzard of 1888" in New England in MARCH! I grew up in CT and remember the 1978 blizzard, my Dad was driving a Datsun 260 Z , for that storm, and was able to get home but got stuck on the driveway and there it stayed for a couple days!

that memory shared, I was thinking about at least pulling off the wheel wgts but leaving the ST on ? said this last year as all the snow was falling on our northern members...so dont wanna jinx anyone!

Kelly

winter of 78 yup I was in 6th grade and we got like 4' of snow, we were snowed in for a week no school for almost 2 weeks, snow drifts as high as the second floor of our house, yup I remember that, didn't remember it was March.

Jim_M

Kelly, the blizzard of 78 was at the end of January. I remember it well.

Don1977

You mean there are people on here who only own ONE Wheel Horse???????? :laughing-rolling:

There are a few of us, but I have owned mine for 35 years.

I remember 1960 here in North Carolina in March it snowed every Wensday and the high tempture was in the 20's most of the month.

The total for the month was around 30". I was in high school and we never went to school over 1 or 2 days a week the whole month.

We already have an early spring here, I had to mow part of by back yard in January. Hope we don't get any winter weather now.

AMC RULES

winter of 78 yup I was in 6th grade and we got like 4' of snow, we were snowed in for a week no school for almost 2 weeks, snow drifts as high as the second floor of our house, yup I remember that, didn't remember it was March.

I remember too Kelly. sliding down the drift from my second floor bedroom window because you couldn't open the front door, the drift was so high. That was my senior year of high school in Buffalo, NY, I'll never forget that one either. People stranded on the thruway for days, trapped under overpasses by the drifted snow. IIRC, people were dying in their cars before they could be rescued. Those lake effect snow storms are incredible up there.

• Like 2

specialwheelhorse

Yep Remember that well.We lived in northern Ohio then and

remembered looking across the ( Lincoln Highway US 30)

and commenting that our neighbors martin house was such

that the birds could have walked in and out.Thank goodness our

other neighbor had a skee-doo. Tried to start the Land Cruiser

got all snow out of engine compartment dried everything still would

not go. took aircleaner off and it was packed solid with snow.

It started right off then. JIM Mowing grass in Texas

bowtiebutler956

Whats snow? :confusion-scratchheadblue: Sorry guys but it has only snowed once down here in the last 110 years. My wheel horse has never had the opportunity to push any snow around, and yes I only own 1 horse :hide: but I am hoping that will change soon. However I do have to mow grass year round and we have had plenty of rain and I have been mowing about every 3 days, so at least I do get to use my horse regularly. I do vote to skip to spring so I can go back to having sunshine regularly. :woohoo:

Sparky

I agree about getting right to spring....but can we skip the muddy season between winter and spring. Sick of wiping the dogs feet before she comes in the house :banghead: .

Mike......

Jake Kuhn

I have to agree with You,Jake

clyde

:roll: i will agree with kelly im sick of mud also plus when i do move snow at the shop with a big tractor back blading, some of the driveway stones go in the yard cause the grounds not froze.then 2 days later all the snows gone plus my gas is gone too!i remember 78 blizzard thats when we got snow!any people with big end loaders or dozer were moving snow in barry county plus the farmers were dumping milk on the ground to get rid of it cause the trucks couldnt get to them :eusa-think:

Irv

Hey, I'm here in the "snow belt". Last weekend we got about 6" and I went out to get the C-125 with the plow to finally play a little and gas was shooting up out of the 6" line between the fuel pump and carb. Too cold to mess with it then.. By time I fixed it a couple days later, the snow was melted and gone. Last night we had about an inch and I saw a guy around the corner with a cub blowing his driveway this morning. Talk about anxious! I'm with ya, let's get it over with!

clyde

kids nowadays think its tough to shovel 5inches of snow off the driveway should have helped us shovel in 1978 we didnt own snowblower back then.

• Like 1

Paul D.

I just picked up a rear axle bracket($25) for the tiller I plan to pick up next month at Kelly's. So yeah. I'm ready for spring. I at least got to run the blower a few times

post-5754-509_thumb.jpg

SPINJIM

I'm getting my WH projects started as if it was spring, but also keeping my snow blower ready and a plow on so I don't tempt fate.

Can't wait for the spring tractor shows.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I'd like to skip to Spring but now that you brought it up we'll probably have a series of blizzards but not until everyone takes off their plows and snow throwers.

can whlvr

we got 4 inches of wet snow last night,got 4-5 hours plowing and blowing :thumbs2:

AMC RULES

I'd like to skip to Spring but now that you brought it up we'll probably have a series of blizzards but not until everyone takes off their plows and snow throwers.

Fine, if that's the case, I'll just leave my blower and cab on the 520 until June. :popcorn: