Project: INSANITY!!!

clintonnut

Tractor Dave and I are building a rat:

CH22 22hp command

Suburban 551 chassis

753 hood

Misc parts

Here's where it was in July:

Started with a pile of rusty "junk", wire wheel, black and red paint and a quick trans bearing and seal rebuild gives us this:

34fae422.jpg

fefb8a62.jpg

Fitted the command and just fits. Need to do some brackets, custom exhaust, shielding and a nut guard. Gotta find some sweet front wheels for it too. Maybe off a stroller or something.

66efa701.jpg

820619a0.jpg

Rooster

ROFL!

That is awesome Charlie...even more awesome I have been making plans for almost the same build!

AMC RULES

That paint makes it look like an axe wielding homicidal maniac works there. :scared-shocked: So...of course, I like it. :scared-eek:

You should name it Bela, not Bella the beautiful...but Bela the Lugosi, because it looks like it's been bitten...once or twice. :ROTF:

Ken B

That'll go good at the cruise night at the BIG SHOW!

stevebo

You are nuts Charlie !! Let me know if you cannot find a set of rims. I may be able to help you....

clintonnut

Working on it this weekend. Break in run will be chaining it down, oiling the tires and burning the tread off until a sticky slick. Not sure on clutch yet. Thinking maybe centrifugal or maybe run stock style.

Jake Kuhn

That is gonna be cool! :bow-blue:

VinsRJ

Love it Charlie! We will all need to gather the RATS together this year at "THE SHOW". Mine is going through the change again..........

wallfish

Great Balls of Fire

You're gonna light'm up real good Charlie. I really need to get started on my new project too.

HorseFixer

Yep as John Says...... Thatll be quite a Ball Burner! :thumbs:

~Duke

VinsRJ

Great Balls of Fire

You're gonna light'm up real good Charlie. I really need to get started on my new project too.

Lets hope he doesn't launch his rod :huh:

SPINJIM

Keep showing pictures. I have an rj58 that's beyond restoration, so I'm planning to turn it into a 'rat', or a 'Frankenhorse'. Looking forward to watching your progress so I can learn from the master. I'm in Southeastern PA also, and I'd like to visit your shop somtime to compare notes. I've only been at it for two years, but I'm already addicted with 10 WHs. Good luck.

Jim

jusjeepn

I've never seen a W/H that was "Beyond Restoration" :dunno:

Isn't "Restoration" bringing back something from the dead to new or better than new condition?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

C'mon share the love, there's room in our hobby for some customs too. :dunno:

kpinnc

Charlie, I remember seeing you drive a tractor at the show before- and at least it was stock... :ychain:

I hope you plan to put some weight in the front of this one! :)

Looks like a really fun project!

clintonnut

Keep showing pictures. I have an rj58 that's beyond restoration, so I'm planning to turn it into a 'rat', or a 'Frankenhorse'. Looking forward to watching your progress so I can learn from the master. I'm in Southeastern PA also, and I'd like to visit your shop somtime to compare notes. I've only been at it for two years, but I'm already addicted with 10 WHs. Good luck.

Jim

Send me a PM when the weather gets into the 60's and sunny. I need to do some spring shop/horse cleaning haha. Everything is hibernating right now.

jimt1971

Meet and Greet at Charlie's Ha Ha!

SPINJIM

Jim

Send me a PM when the weather gets into the 60's and sunny. I need to do some spring shop/horse cleaning haha. Everything is hibernating right now.

I know what you mean. I can barely get into my garage because of the WH projects lined up at the door. I can only work out there on sunny afternoons when the shop warms up some. I've been lucky this winter to pick up some WHs at off-season prices, but that means I have six projects to work on come spring. I don't know which one to try to get ready for the big show in June.

Jim

jimt1971

Jim,

Just pick one and do it. You will get one done by the show.

Jim

Stigian

Charlie... Your a nutter... Love your thinking :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

HorseFixer

Great Balls of Fire

Lets hope he doesn't launch his rod :huh:

Hey Vinny, :thumbs: From what I gather, he did that several months ago when he was laid up. :wicked:

~Duke

Olratlr

Looking Gooood.