Sign in to follow this  
Craig Arndt

1989 520H 9 Pin Question

Craig Arndt

During my restoration, I replaced the 9 pin connector with temporary connectors, until the new one arrives. I numbered each wire, but now, I can't read them. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at their pins and let me know the colors that connect together? I used the demystification guide but it only tells you colors of one side. The other has to be traced though sheaths which is proving frustrating. Man there are a lot of wires!

smoreau

Its only 9 wires :ychain: Try and fix a burned out fuse block in a newer car, been there and done that with over 150 wires. Just take your time and do one at a time. before you know it you will have it fixed :)

Craig Arndt

LOL! I know its only 9 wires, but I'd prefer not to hook something up and do damage to the test panel or something.

Kelly

I just this last weekend replaced the 9 pin connector, I cut the wires about a 1/4" out of the connector on both sides to have a clue where they go, I might have the old connector I'll look in a bit, but mine was a 1995

Kelly

Well my newer 520 is not the same, but I have a parts 520 I think is a 89, it looked at the wiring, not sure how to write this up, but I will try.

To start this will be looking at the engine plug as it would face you, not the wire side and the holes with the flats on them are on the bottom,

top row left to right

Red, white, yellow

middle row

2 orange together, Dark blue, Gray

Bottom row with the flat sides

light blue, Black, Green

Now the tractor plug/body side, with the plug facinging you, not the side the wires go in.

top row

Red, White, Red

second row

Gray, Dark blue, Yellow

Bottom row with the flats

White, Black, Light blue

see if this helps clear up the way I labled them.

top row is self explanitory

second row 2 org. hook to the Yellow, blue to blue, gray to gray

bottom row blue to blue, black to black, green to white.

I can not tell you where the wires come from or go to, the harness is out of the tractor, and has been cut up. I hope this does not confuse you to bad.

Craig Arndt

Thank you very much Kelly that is just what I needed! :bow-blue:

Kelly

I hope you can understand my rambling, if not let me know.

MaineDad

He did it!

Kelly

Glad it worked out for you, on the tach issue do you have the I think gray wire piggy backed on one of the leads to the volt reg.? I can double check the color if needed.