Sign in to follow this  
TT

1963 model 603 info request

TT

I was looking through my musty-smelling old IPL's in the big red binders and happened to notice the strange one-off frame design on the 603. Looks like the transaxle mounting plate is mounted almost "half & half" on the ends of the angle iron frame rails. B)

I ran P/N 2878 backwards and that frame is unique to the 603. (so are alot of other things)

I guess the front spindles are also shorter to compensate for the lowered frame height, and the lowered frame would make the drive belt guard unique too.

Anyhow.....

Dustin and/or Jason.... got pics ? :whistle:

CasualObserver

Ask and you shall receive!! :whistle: I'm not quite sure I follow what you're asking, B) but I ran out and snapped a few shots.... it's up on the worktable already anyway....look them over... and if you need or want any more, I'll get them tomorrow. B) Need to go tend to a crying baby!

603_035.jpg

603_036.jpg

603_037.jpg

603_038.jpg

603_039.jpg

603_040.jpg

603_041.jpg

603_042.jpg

TT

Hmmmmm..... B)

Looks like yours has had a little repair work at the trans mounting plate, Jason. :whistle:

Here's the IPL drawing:

603frame.jpg

The belt tensioner (clutch) shaft crosses above the frame, and the trans mounting plate is higher than the top of the frame rails. It even has the clearance notches in the lower rear corners of the hoodstand. :wtf:

CasualObserver

It does look like mine has had some repair. It was used only with a blade, so may have needed the reinforcement there. B) I'm not seeing any way you could change the location of the clutch linkage though. :whistle: If you move the frame rails down, then it would also screw up the hood alignment and hood stand placement. B)

TT

So much for my potential discovery of more WH weirdness. B)

The front spindle P/N's are the same as the '62 models and the frame has it's own P/N because the hoodstand is welded to it.

Oh well. :whistle:B)

Thank you for the pics, Jason. Don't forget to change that 5 hole hub. B)

CasualObserver

Thank you for the pics, Jason. Don't forget to change that 5 hole hub. B)

480666873_a3734851f6.jpg

Damn... he caught me! B)

B) Yeah, I noticed that when I put the picture up... I haven't had the wheels off yet to catch it before. I've got a few extra old style hubs around here though.... we'll get the puppy back in shape! :whistle:

TT

:whistle:

Wonder if it has to do with the fact that I went to Bald Eagle Area High School? B)