Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Cool New Sign for the Garage

grnlark

A few weeks back I went for a ride down to Danbury with a buddy of mine to look at some Allis Chalmers stuff. While I was there, I spotted this 11' custom motorcycle store-front sign hanging in the guys building. Apparently he buys business liquidations and sells the merchandise - thats how he obtained it. He told me that this was a custom cycle shop in Danbury, CT back in 2008/2009 that only lasted 6-8 months. I just thought the signs massive size would look great in my garage, so for kicks I asked if it was for sale. He said, "Yeah, for $100". I had to ask him twice...."How much?" My buddy Bob looked at me like I was an idiot. I didn't even haggle. I was just like, "You gotta deal" and I did the American Pickers handshake.

Well, the bigger challenge was how on earth I was going to get this somewhat flimsy, monstrocity home. It measures 11' x 4.5' and it's an hour ride (all highway). I told him I would be back in a few days. The guy was super cool. So, I had to build a rack for my utility trailer just to go get it. I sandwiched the sign between the 2 x 4's with blankets and bolted it on the ends. It worked great and I finally got it hung last night.

post-2562-0-01951200-1328721725.jpg

post-2562-0-54669700-1328721731.jpg

WHEEL HORSE BILL

THAT IS ONE COOL SIGN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

71_Bronco

Now that's a cool sign. Great shape too by the look of it.

jdpuller

SWEET :eusa-clap:

AMC RULES

:text-datsphatyo:

Jake Kuhn

Very cool Matt! :bow-blue:

KC9KAS

Very Nice...I hope to find a neat sign for my garage sometime.

stevebo

Matt,

I know the sign and the shop well. They were a little too late to catch the custom bike gravey train. They were just past the Danbury AutoPark on the same side of the road. Nice sign ! Did you go see Mousa ??

Sparky

Awesome sign Matt!!

Mike........

grnlark

Did you go see Mousa ??

Mousa? His name was Tim. He was a really cool dude. In some industrial park. The street name is probably still in my nav.

dclarke

Nice sign Matt! :thumbs:

grnlark

Last night I finally got my Millennium mirror hung too. The wife would never allow it in the house, but it looks cool in the garage :handgestures-thumbupright:

post-2562-0-72774000-1328792995.jpg

whfan74

Those are some very nice signs! I am digging the payphone as well.....is it just for decoration or do you have it hooked up so it will work as well?

perry

nice find matt :)

grnlark

Those are some very nice signs! I am digging the payphone as well.....is it just for decoration or do you have it hooked up so it will work as well?

The phone is fully functional. It's been rewired and the coin drop disengaged. I have it plugged into the regular house phone jack