Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

Bi-Centennial Wheel Horse?

CasualObserver

Anyone notice this ebay item? 360067231619 I've never heard of a Bi-Centennial Wheel Horse, and as far as I know, the B-80s from 1976 should have been 8 speeds. So is the decal on the hood just a remarkable coincidental perfect size? or was there a special limited production run of this? Anyone? B) I'm leaning towards coincidence, because why would they use red (and apparently clear) stripes in the flag on a red tractor? I'd use white (and clear) if I were setting it up.

refracman

I'd have to agree with ya on the decal size, somebody probably just put it on to run in a 4th of july parade, so it would make it a 1975

Sparky

I've never heard of a Bicentennial tractor put out by WH. I think someone just stuck a decal on the hood and now its a "rare" tractor B) .

I know Cub-Cadet put out a Spirit of 76 tractor back then.

Mike..........

T-Mo

That decal doesn't look original, nor does it look like something that would come out of a factory. The transparency doesn't look like something a big company would do.

baerpath

Case did bicentenial tractors too, farm and garden sized. Never heard of WH doing it, looks like the sticker was added after the scratches in the hood. B)

Duane

HorseFixer

Doesnt look right to me either, :whistle:

B)

kinda cheesey!

Duke

BPjunk

One word .... two sylables .... B)

Bogus <_<

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

catman81056

I did get the ser# and the mod# from the seller.

1-0141

It's a 1975 mod but I imagian someone was feeling patroric at the time and added the sticker.

If you notice he never say's it's a Bicentennial model, just mentions the sticker.

But for someone unknowledgable about Wheel Horses, it might be a sellers tactic.

Curmudgeon

I did get the ser# and the mod# from the seller.

1-0141

It's a 1975 mod but I imagian someone was feeling patroric at the time and added the sticker.

If you notice he never say's it's a Bicentennial model, just mentions the sticker.

But for someone unknowledgable about Wheel Horses, it might be a sellers tactic.

You're correct in that the description simply says it has a sticker on the hood, but the title is worded to lead one to believe it really is some kind of bi-centennial model. The fact that it came up at this particular time of year didn't escape me either.

While not being totally dishonest, he's taking "liberties" with his tactics. My opinion of course!

HorseFixer

You're correct in that the description simply says it has a sticker on the hood, but the title is worded to lead one to believe it really is some kind of bi-centennial model. The fact that it came up at this particular time of year didn't escape me either.

While not being totally dishonest, he's taking "liberties" with his tactics. My opinion of course!

Thats the way I take it too! And being we are trying to keep the hobby pure and not Mis-lead anyone someone should E-Mail the seller and advise him to cease and desist and reword his auction. A newbie might get sucked in and buy it for all the wrong reasons B) I would E-mail the guy but I got my plate full on this video thingy right now.

Ya kinda hate to get in the middle of this but I sure would appreciate it if I was a prospective buyer! Kinda like were looking out for our brethren! :whistle:

Duke

HorseFixer

Okay I sent the guy an E-mail here is what I said! B)

B)

Hello Good Biz Kid B) Just for your information several wheel horse collectors have noticed that the tractor you are selling is not a Bi-Centinial model. You haven't directly mentioned that as being so, however you should re phrase your auction saying that some owner before you put a nice looking Bi-centineal sticker on there! You would not want to mis-lead a NEWBIE collector in purchasing a tractor for the wrong reasons. Maybe this is an oversight on your behalf which most likely it is. However collectors do feel strongly in such matters and may blacklist your name in future sales you may list and some may turn you into the E-Bay police.

Im just giving you heads up friend! Thanks Duke

Will see what happens :whistle:

I did my good deed for today! B)

Duke

Curmudgeon

Yes you did Duke! Thanks.

I did my dishes, finally, so I did my good deed too! LOL

CasualObserver

Nicely worded Duke! Polite, yet firm.

HorseFixer

Nicely worded Duke! Polite, yet firm.

Thanks Jason, B) just couldnt let it slide clyde B)B)

I hope between my comment and Dales that the guy cleans up his act and straightens up his listing which is the only RIGHT thing to do! B)

Cheers Duke :whistle:

HorseFixer

Anyone notice this ebay item? 360067231619 I've never heard of a Bi-Centennial Wheel Horse, and as far as I know, the B-80s from 1976 should have been 8 speeds. So is the decal on the hood just a remarkable coincidental perfect size? or was there a special limited production run of this? Anyone? B) I'm leaning towards coincidence, because why would they use red (and apparently clear) stripes in the flag on a red tractor? I'd use white (and clear) if I were setting it up.

Well It Worked! B) The Guy Cleaned Up His Add Here Is What He Says Now! :whistle:

Very nice old B-80. Starts and runs great. I didn't even bother cleaning it up. Just left it the way I found it. It has a bicentennial sticker on the hood but I'm not sure if its true bicentennial. The gentleman I got it from has had it since 1980 and he told me that it was a bicentennial. Here are the numbers so you can determine for yourself. Serial# 149298 Mod# 10141 Runs and cuts! Real nice old machine. Item must be paid for and picked up within 7 days from auction end. Cash payment only at time of pick up!

Cheers Duke