Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

chipper

CasualObserver

Yes... it was available through the Allied Attachments catalog. It's not red because it wasn't made by Wheel Horse, it was made by Amerind MacKissic. (thus the "MightyMac" name) You do have to be careful when you look at buying one of these though... they were made for all the major brands, and some have different pulley sizes and locations to be mounted on different tractors. (WH, Deere, Cub, Simplicity) Email the seller... his handle is rideawaysenior... he is most likely familiar with whether this one is actually set up for being a Wheel Horse shredder.

dgjks6

From the pictures it looks like the belt drive is on the wrong side of the chipper.

CasualObserver

No... this one looks right. It gets mounted to the front with those brackets.

linen beige

The listing says it is set up to mount on a Wheel Horse front Tach a matic.

The pics look like that's right. The hooks on the back of the chipper go onto the front of the tractor with the large square discharge facing straight out the front. That puts the drive pulley on the PTO side of the tractor. Wish it was closer to me, I really need one, but don't want to drive two days to go get one.

WheelHorse_of_course

Ditto on most of the above. B)

It is worth mentioning the Mackissic is still in business and makes some very similar models to this day.

So it is quite likely you can get partd such as flails and screens for this.

This is the new model that has a true chipper on the side as well as the hammer mill. These hammers mills are highly regarded for preparing materials for composting. I have been told the hammers mill can macerate larger branches and such, it just takes a little while.

I bought mine recently and am working on making a hitch for it (as it was previously used with something other than a horse). This fall I'll be able to composte ALL the leaves rather than giving some away to the city B)B)

I just have to get the second half of the mount worked out :whistle:

KyBlue

Ive been trying to find a non running chipper to modify to mount up on the WH... No luck yet!

WheelHorse_of_course

B) Speaking of chippers......

I am making good progress on mounting my chipper. With a little luck I'll have a full report including pictures.

Tomorrow I need a few U bolts and a cheap belt and I should be able to have a trial run (albeit with the fractional HP belt).

Wish me luck. B) :whistle:

KyBlue

Thanks for posting that auction! Ill be watching, thou Im sure it'll go WAY outta my price range. Im sure I could sell off the blade to David to recoup some of the cost..

BairleaFarm

Yeap. Ill take the tractor as well. Im watching it as well. To bad its 7 hours from here

KyBlue

it sure is! Haha

You go any farther east you run outta wva!

gwest_ca

The second auction posted by Mailman is not a chipper but a shredder only. The left photo would show the chipper if it had one. There is a decal on them saying the shredder will handle up to 1" limbs but anything over 1/2" is too much for it. Corn stalks might be ok.

Garry

WheelHorse_of_course

B) Numerous sources have told me that the shredder only versions are capable of macerating rather large limbs and pieces of 2x4

B)

My beta testing today went well. I ran some rather dry dead wood up to 1.5 inches. I had some fresh limps about 3/4 inch and that went through rather nicely too.

Actually I wonder if the reason they added the chipper is for safety reasons. When chipping these branches there was bits that shot back out the top for quite some distance!

:whistle:

Anyway B) I post a detailed post with pictures when I get a chance!