Sign in to follow this  
Wyattrrp

06-42T07 Single Stage Thrower video

Wyattrrp

Seems many enjoy seeing a Horse workin. Jan 21st we had 3" of powder so I plowed the driveway with the C-125 / 48" blade as I typically do for small storms, leaving a row of snow around the edge. Then took the 312-8 with 42" single stage thrower to move the row onto the lawn. This predated my post on here about the high chute front cover to stop snow blowback (see that post for the cover design dimensions). In the linked video you can see the vertical snow leaking out the front when it first starts throwing left.

Here is the 312-8 and Thrower. I think a cab would be nice!!

6823451931_ef59aecfcb_z.jpg6823450419_d1b4c4515a_z.jpg

Here is the 2:20 min youtube video. Nothing big just showing how well the single stage handles it. At 1:45 is a closeup moving a small pile back.

No other snow around here so here is one minor storm that allowed me to charge the batteries!.

Wyatt

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Love the soundtrack, sounds like that twelve is making some horsepower. :icecream:

Sparky

Nice video! I didnt even bother to mount my tall chute blower on the 416-H this year. I gambled and so far I haven't needed it :eusa-whistle: .

Mike..........

Wheel-N-It

Hey Great Vid! Now I know what my 312 would look like with a snow-chunker on it!

kruzr

Thanks for the video. I just bought a 416-8 which came with a plow and a single stage blower and I was wondering how the blower would work. Being the we have had NO SNOW :bitch: this year I have nothing on the ground to try it with. Looks like it does pretty well from your video.

can whlvr

a 416 will handle a 42 thrower with ease

608KEB

Looks like fun!

Wyattrrp

Lets face it. All who are members on this site love seat time on their favorite WH. Yes it is fun but this winter has been trying most of us for normal winter time fun on the "OLD" WH workin what the Winter sends us. This year? Almost nothing to test te durability of the OLD RedSquare Grand-daddy's. !

• Like 1

3609horse

Is there any difference in the short chute to the tall chute? It looks like the tall chute would be better, any opinions on what is better.

By the was thanks for all the input, and loved the video Wyatt, thanks Gene....

• Like 1

rexman72

thanks for sharing the vid

Fun Engineer

Thanks for sharing. If we can't be on our own horse, its fun to watch someone else. :icecream:

• Like 1

Wyattrrp

I used a short chute blower 2 winters ago when we had tons of snow and it worked ok. The tall cute does seem to funnel it better keeping the snow stream together better with less of a snow spread out the front while blowwing. Adding a cover across the front also helps direct the snow up to the top of the tall chute as well. The front chute cover came on the newer blowers whereas the first tall chutes came with a stiff wire across the front to prevent a hand being inserted to unclog wet snow if the auger is spinning. In the left photo above you can see that wire. If you look at a short chute I believe it is round and the opening stays about the same size as the bottom opening. The tall one forms a "U" shape directing the snow out the top a bit better. I posted on RS the dimensions to make a front cover if you get a tall chute blower with the wire.

• Like 1

3609horse

I used a short chute blower 2 winters ago when we had tons of snow and it worked ok. The tall cute does seem to funnel it better keeping the snow stream together better with less of a snow spread out the front while blowwing. Adding a cover across the front also helps direct the snow up to the top of the tall chute as well. The front chute cover came on the newer blowers whereas the first tall chutes came with a stiff wire across the front to prevent a hand being inserted to unclog wet snow if the auger is spinning. In the left photo above you can see that wire. If you look at a short chute I believe it is round and the opening stays about the same size as the bottom opening. The tall one forms a "U" shape directing the snow out the top a bit better. I posted on RS the dimensions to make a front cover if you get a tall chute blower with the wire.

Thanks for the information. I had a tall chute blower but I sold it before I could use it now I wish I didn't sell it. But I had a gentleman from Long Island come up

to look at a different blower and paid me good money for the tall chute. I guess you live and learn. Thanks, Gene....