Sign in to follow this  
546cowboy

In the last year............

546cowboy

I started going to a local scrap yard last year and picked up quite a bit of non-wheel horse stuff.

Here's some of it

Jacobsen 53500 (same as a Ford LGT-195)

LeftSide.jpg

1996 Toro/Wheel Horse 269H

Before I worked on it

RightFront.jpg

After I worked on it

100_1288.jpg

A Husqvarna YHT2348

LeftSide2.jpg

John Deere Yard Cart I repaired

5-LeftDump.jpg

I also picked up a couple sets of wheel weights, a shaft drive tiller,JD 212, 194 Simplicity Regent 14 and some stuff I can't think of at the moment.

I got a these from a local dealer

1999 Simplicity Landlord DLX at a price I could not pass on

100_1251.jpg

and this 1990 Wheel Horse 612Z

LeftRear.jpg

I also had a Sears SS16 with cab and blower I got cheap from a auction

There are more at a website I have www.cowboysredhorses.webs.com Go take a look!

AMC RULES

That big Jake looks like a beast. :eusa-think:

Jake Kuhn

Wow,you have gotten alot of tractors! :bow-blue:

Sparky

Are you flipping them to make some horse money?

Mike.........

546cowboy

Well yes that is the idea of picking them up Sparky. You can get them at a low enough price to be able to make some money on them. There are many more people looking for cheap mowers than for a good Wheel Horse.

Depending on how far gone they are whether they get redone or used for parts. I don't consider myself a collector but I will do everything I can to save a Wheel Horse and as everyone knows you have to choose stuff you know you may be able to use. Almost anything that has a Kohler in it you can find a use for that engine or parts of it. I bought that JD 212 just because at the time I needed a Kohler starter. I sold the trans out of it for twice what I paid for the tractor. I still have a good engine except for the starter.

That big Jacobsen is a rare tractor and it needed a brake drum and axle. I could not find one anywhere but I found a guy in Michigan that wanted it. He collects Ford LGT-195's so it is the same tractor. Another thing about scrap yards is some won't sell you the tractors. I have no clue why they won't as it's money in their pockets.

I sold 11 Wheel Horses last year and that money goes to buy more Horses. I want to see these go to people who will use them not the scrappers and strippers who gouge everybody for parts.

71_Bronco

It's amazing what people will throw away. That J.D. yard card looks really nice, I'm not even a J.D. fan and I wouldn't mind owning that.

Though, it would look odd being towed by a W.H. :eusa-think: