Sign in to follow this  
JMW

Stock class puller

JMW

My 11yr old son and I are starting a pulling project for him this year.We are starting with a c160 with raider sheet metal.It will be powered by an older 12hp s/g kohler.I will post more picks as we make some more progress.This is after a couple days of working on it.005.jpg006.jpgImage02.jpgImage06.jpgImage03.jpgImage05.jpg

baerpath

Coming along good did you check the head ?

Are you on the yahoo site ? First pulls are in May this year down at Mt Upton and Fonda . Should be a good pulls 8hp through V8 Let me know if you need anything. Hope to see him hook it this yr.

Duane

JMW

So far so good.We hope to have it finished within the next month or so.What yahoo site? I still haven't checked the head yet...I'll let you know. Thanks.Jim

JMW

We finally started making some progress on the tractor.I managed to get the front tires mounted,the hitch built and some weight brackets made.Had a friend give me some stainless so we'll be putting a little shine on it in spots.Hopefully the carb and engine gaskets will get here soon so we can get some more done. Jim009.jpg005-2.jpg011.jpg-2.jpg003-3.jpg012.jpg014.jpg

• Like 1

smoreau

I like it, Your boy will be proud of this for sure! Nice shop also! I see some good equipment there.

• Like 1

baerpath

Coming along Do you still need a hub ?

First pull May 19 raindate 20th Mount Upton

bowtiebutler956

Looks great. I love it when our kids get involved. :thumbs:

JMW

Thanks guys.This has been a great father/son project so far...a bit of a money pit but well worth it! As far as the shop goes I'm fortunate to have a good boss who lets me work there on weekends and after work.

Duane: I sent you a PM a while back..I may have messed up sending it ? I found hubs for it but I am interested in a cyl head if you still have an extra you want to sell?

baerpath

Heads still in the truck from the meeting, Just let me know when you want it

Jake Kuhn

Its looking good! :handgestures-thumbup: Jake

JMW

Thanks Jake

Duane...I work in utica everyday till 5 then my weekends are open for anytime that's good for you.Let me know what is good for you.Thanks again

Jim

baerpath

No problem home today and most weekends until season starts.

JMW

Well we are making progress slowly.FINALLY got the engine parts and carb back from the shop i sent it to.Tearing it back down for paint so hopefully it will be back to a painted roller soon. We also finished the hitch and wheelie bars.054.jpgPhoto03271757_2.jpgPhoto03271758.jpg019.jpgImage08.jpgImage07.jpgPhoto04110759_1.jpgPhoto04110800.jpg and no...the seat won't be yellow when it's finished :angry-nono:

Ken B

Very nice! I think its about time I find a tractor for my 10 yr old son Cole. He has been asking me to build a puller with him for a few yrs. now.......

Is that your home shop?

JMW

Thanks Ken....It has been a very good project for my son Cameron and me.He's learning allot of useful things and it gives us more time together. :) ...I wish it was my home shop...I am lucky enough to have a boss that lets me keep and work on our project at the garage I work at.I had one like it a little smaller but some life changes with the ex changed the tractor and tool count a little :eusa-think: I have him every weekend and this has been very good for the both of us.More updates asap.

bowtiebutler956

Nice Work! Your son looks very proud in the pic. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

JMW

Well...we're back to a roller again :) Next up is a rebuild of the starter/gen then fire it up.....I hope..Photo04281452.jpgPhoto04281451.jpgPhoto042814521.jpgPhoto04281510.jpgPhoto04281509_2.jpg

• Like 1

JMW

A couple more picsPhoto04281433_1.jpgPhoto04281435.jpg

CasualObserver

Moved into the puller section at OP's request.